Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Of course we communicate! Now can we not talk about it?"

So here's an update from Saturday's drama. El Creepo came in to drop off a book. Then he asked to check out something, even though I'd already told him he wasn't in our library system. I tried to encourage him to go to a different library, where he was in the system, but no go. He insisted on registering here, claiming, "I'll probably be stopping in here more often." And he doesn't live anywhere near here.

He was also trying to make me feel bad for him. I could tell he was one of those people who tries to play on others' sympathies, but I'm a cold-hearted bitch sometimes. Thank God. I wasn't having any of that. So then he started fishing for info about me, and I basically ignored attempts at conversation other than having to do with the library. I was so glad that just before he came in, a bunch of people came in. So at least I wasn't alone. Though I did catch him standing in the other doorway, staring at me.

He finally left, and I saw him drive away in his semi. I breathed a sigh of relief. Four other patrons finished their business and took off, leaving a mother and her four kids still in the library. Within 30 minutes, El Creepo was back. He'd turned his big ol' semi around and came back to the freaking library. He claimed he just wanted to return one other book, but I think he may have been checking to see if I was alone yet. *shudder* He really thought he was charming, too. He winked at me and said, "Thanks, April." I almost vomited.

So I was thoroughly creeped out and slightly alarmed. I called my boss, who promptly called the police. She came in so I wouldn't have to work the rest of my shift alone. The officer said he thought El Creepo was "just trying to flirt" with me. I don't flirt with people who have sexual assault charges on file (dismissed or not) and who have restraining orders against them. Anyway, Mr. Officer told me to call if the guy came back and I was uncomfortable.

*************************************************************

While I was working out yesterday, a man and woman came into Curves. I was highly annoyed because Curves is for women. Not for short men who are younger than me and keep sneaking glances at my fitness routine. I don't care that I knew you in high school. I don't care that our parents used to be friends back in the day and that I schooled you at Super Mario Bros. I don't care that we all spent a weekend camping and your friend kept talking about my boobs. (Actually, I do care about that part. That kid was an ass.) Any decent guy would politely pretend there wasn't a familiar girl in the room who was sweating and gyrating and deep-knee bending and jogging in place.

I did weigh myself for the first time since starting Curves, though, and I've already lost 4 pounds. Woohoo!!

******************************************************************

One more thing. I'm not going to do a weight loss blog. At least, I don't have any intentions at this point. But I couldn't help thinking up some blog titles just in case. Hope they make you laugh as much as they made me laugh.

*Diet Riot
*The Treadmill Less Traveled
*Lord of the Diet: One Diet to Rule Them All
*Fat and the Furious

8 comments:

TOWR said...

Oh, April, if I had half your wit I would be rich and famous by now.

Creepo sounds creepy! I'm so glad you called the police. And even gladder that I don't work with the general public. People are the WORST!

jojo said...

I was so nervous for you just reading this. I can't imagine how awful it must've been being there!! I hope you gave him your look of disgust (you're the best at that!). I'm a little pissed the police didn't take it more serious. I personally believe if you have a sexual assault on your record, you should NEVER get out of jail.

4lbs already!? That's great. I only lost 2 the first month!! That's impressive!

Carina said...

What was he doing in Curves for longer than 2 minutes? I don't understand...

The Fat & The Furious.

Chica said...

Oh my God, that is so creepy. I'm lucky I work with lots of people so I don't have to worry too much, you get the occasional over-friendly guys but there are always plenty of people around. My coworkers cause me more alarm!

Good for you for calling the police and I hope this gets sorted out. There's no way you should have to put up with stuff like that when you're at work.

April said...

Azucar, apparently the guy and girl were planning on opening their own gym in town, and wanted some pointers from the Curves owner.

And it's not that the officer didn't take it seriously. El Creepo didn't actually DO anything except give me the willies. Mr. Officer encouraged me to call immediately if I felt uncomfortable like that again, and he'd make it top priority to come over.

atsirk said...

I'm glad you updated about the creepy guy. I thought of you all weekend and figured no news was good new (plus I was busy beating up people)!

Congrats on the 4 pounds!! How excellent! You need to start a weight loss blog just because you're hysterical, and the more funny we can read is better for all of blogworld!!

i i eee said...

Holy freak! This post totally freaked me out! I hope he gets castrated soon!

Congrats on the 4 pounds!

I love ALL four titles! And I did laugh, oh yes I did.

Sally JPA said...

Love the titles.

Men aren't supposed to be in Curves. I mean, that's the point. What the hell. The owner could have shown them around when the place wasn't open.