Thursday, February 01, 2007

We are the champions, my friends...

My mother gave my grandpa a stern talking-to the other day. She told him that I had been looking forward to this concert for months, and it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. So, although he hasn't specifically said anything to me about going, he did go out and check my oil and said he'd take it for a check-up next week. He also got me a road map. (I didn't mention I already had one.) Plus, no more attitude. Woohoo! No Greyhound bus for me!! ($70 for tickets? Give me a break.)

Yesterday I went to Curves for one last work-out before it officially closed. I got my final weigh-in and measurements taken. From 1-8-07 to 1-31-07, I lost a total of 7 pounds and 8 1/4th inches!! Pretty damn sweet.

So far, 2007 doesn't suck.

8 comments:

Miss Laura said...

7 pounds is awesome! Congrats!

Carina said...

Get outta town! That's awesome!

April said...

Thank you!! Right now, no, I won't be joining any other gyms because of financial difficulties. But I haven't given up working out.

TOWR said...

Dude, 7 pounds?! That's AWESOME! Keep it up, baby, and John Mayer won't be able to keep his hands to himself!

i i eee said...

Seriously. That is so cool. Glad Grandpa is no longer getting in the way of you and John.

Kristen said...

You rock on the weight loss. Ya-hoo!

Yeah, I'd say 2007 isn't sucking so badly yet.

atsirk said...

I wish I lived in your 2007!!

Congrats on being a loser, weight and inches, that is. That's excellent!

(And I'm glad to hear no more attitude from your grandpa!)

April said...

I think the bigger problem is me keeping my hands off John Mayer!! :)

Yup, proud to be a loser. ;)