Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Six Mix

So Rachel tagged me, and now I'm supposed to list six random and/or strange facts about myself. I'm game, but it's hard thinking of things I haven't previously posted about. Here goes!

1. I collect PEZ dispensers. Started when I was a wee lass of 7, and now I'm up to over 100. I lost count somewhere. My grandpa made shelves for me to keep them on, and friends and relatives still occasionally send some to me.

2. I've been blogging since around April 2001. I was newly single, still in college, and had a pretty large number of readers. Now I'm a spinster, living at home, and thankful for the few readers I do have.

3. I can't stand onions, tomatoes, or peppers. And it irritates me to no end when people assume it's just a refusal to eat them that stems from childhood. They also assume that I don't eat any vegetables; they then act overly surprised when they see me, in fact, eating vegetables. Annoyed X a billion.

4. I adore fairs and carnival rides. I love the thrill of being up so high and not knowing if I'll make it to the ground in one piece. Biggest rush ever was going on the Big Shot at the top of the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas. 1,000 feet up in the air, the ride sling-shots you up at 4 Gs, then you freefall down at 0 Gs. Scariest, freakiest, most awesome ride EVER. Krista and I went on it 12 times!

5. I was the treasurer for a Christian organization in college. I really loved the core group of people I was on the executive board with. The meetings were enormously boring for the most part, but they had their fun moments. Usually Todd and Laurie would argue, Wade and I would see who could make the other laugh the most, and Nate would sit back and watch all four of us. Then Laurie would yell, "April! Wade! Pay attention!" Ah, good times.

6. This is more of a memory than a fact, but it makes me laugh. My brother was telling me about seeing an old "boyfriend" of mine last week. I use the term loosely because I was approximately 14, and it lasted a week. Anyway, Aaron was reminding me of when my boyfriend, let's call him Romeo, was over at my house. I guess he kept trying to lean over and kiss me, and every time he did, Aaron would flick Romeo's ear. hahaha I have no memory of this, but I don't doubt it happened. Hilarious!

Okay, so this is the part where I tag 6 other people, right? Let's go with Tusk, Chica, Laura, JenKneeBee, Azucar, and.....anyone else who hasn't been tagged or feels like playing along. And if anyone I tagged doesn't want to play, I won't get mad. I promise.

8 comments:

i i eee said...

You're one of the sexiest spinsters I know.

My sil doesn't like chocolate. And I still have a hard time believing her -whether if it's just something from her childhood or whatnot, because sometimes she'll eat certain chocolate things. But to each their own.

OH that Romeo. Nice to know your brother was watching out for you. haha!

i i eee said...

And by spinsters, I meant "spinsters." If you catch my drift.

TOWR said...

Wow, this just totally opened my eyes!

I'm a spinster. Sans quotation marks. Just--spinster.

:)

John said...

Does going to a spinning class make you a spinster?

April said...

No, being single for 99% of your life makes you a spinster. Spin class makes you cool.

Kristen said...

You don't eat veggies!!!! I've only ever seen you eat salad and maybe lettuce on your sandwich. I know you claim to eat the green stuff, but I just don't know...

April said...

You're full of crap. You've seen me eat vegetables before. Besides, how often do YOU eat veggies when you're visiting someone else's house?

Sally JPA said...

I love #6--hysterical.