Monday, February 26, 2007

The stupid, lazy-ass city* never came to clear the sidewalk in front of the library this morning, so I had to shovel a path. It's now 2 p.m., and they still haven't shown up.

In preparation for children's story time on Wednesday morning, I have spent the last hour painstakingly tracing dinosaur shapes onto colored foam, then cutting them out. I'm covered in permanent black ink.

I had to listen to a particular patron whom I can't stand tell the same stupid story for the fifth time. He found some quarter that has heads on both sides. Good God, get over it! It's a trick coin from a freaking joke shop! But please, proceed to tell us all once again how you took it to the bank, then the antique shop, and to a coin collector to see if it's "for real."

It's time to go home, just a quick walk across the street. But the friggin' city plow just came through and left a mountain of snow in the middle of the road, extending 2 city blocks. So I have to climb over/through it.

*I don't need your lectures about how they were probably up all night clearing roads and taking care of major highways as a top priority. This is my blog, and I'll bitch if I want to.

5 comments:

i i eee said...

Oh dear. A coin with two heads. That would be quite tiresome. I guess some people have to hold onto what little joy comes into their lives -even if it comes in the form of a joke coin.

Nemesis said...

Hey! My city doesn't do our library's sidewalks either! JERKS!

TOWR said...

Your lazy A city sounds like my POS HOA.

Wow, a coin with two heads. That's a keeper.

April said...

Yes, yesterday left me quite annoyed.

Rachel, I figured out the POS part, but HOA? Head of Appliances? Home of Antiques? Hollywood on Amphetamines? Hodgepodge of Annoyance?

atsirk said...

Just slap him upside the head.

Just do it.......NOW.

For all of us!!