Sunday, November 18, 2007

Conversations

In my dream last night, I had been recruited to help kill evil vampires--
Guy, after giving me a tour of the headquarters: So, that's everything. Any questions?
Me: Um, yeah. How do these Storm Trooper outfits pertain to killing vampires?
Guy: Uh...

At a little country store yesterday--
Barb: That candle smells so nice!
Store Owner: Oh, doesn't it? You know what happened? When I first got it, it smelled so good that I leaned over to take a deeper sniff, and I burned my nose hairs! And my nose stunk all day. I didn't even know that could happen!

At fancy restaurant, Darla (my mom), John, and his mother having adult talk. Mom has just finished talking about work.
John: You know what, honey?
Darla: What?
John: As soon as all my surgeries (on his legs) are finished and I've healed up, I think I know the perfect job I can get.
Darla: (excited for him) Oh, really? What's that?
John: Taking pictures of Spider-Man.
Darla: *sighs* You're such a dork.

My grandma, Aunt Barb and I went shopping for several hours yesterday. I bought myself some delicious birthday presents:



That's Season 3, Part 1 of Ghost Hunters, the new Kanye West cd, earrings, bubble bath from Bath and Body Works, and two kinds of chocolate bars (those I shared with my aunt and grandma). Oh, and I bought a really cute sweater from J.C. Penney.

Also, the library ladies got me a chocolate cake for my birthday, and my co-worker Barb got me leaf-shaped chocolates from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Duluth.





Also, it's my birthday and I'll John Mayer if I want to. Check out his blog for a new tune and a funny video parody. I tried to embed, but either Blogger is being a douchebag or they've screwed up the html for the video.

7 comments:

i i eee said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!

I love the bottle the bubble stuff comes in. Reminds me of some ornaments at Target that I saw and really wanted to buy. But I had to buy a garbage can instead.

Ooh, my favorite things at the Rocky Mountain Choco Factory are the "apple pie" caramel apples. And I'm not even diehard apple pie or anything, but I have a hard time getting anything else when I go there. Delish!

Kristen said...

Kanye? Really? Didn't know you likey.

Spider man. Classic.

Rachie said...

Dude, that cake looks so good. I totally laughed at the singed nose hair thing. You always overhear the best convos. Hmph!

Anonymous said...

Kudos for using the word 'pertain' in a dream. You are articulate even as a storm-trooper-looking vampire slayer.

Glad you treated yourself and hope you have a great birthday!!! x

Nemesis said...

Hey, Happy Birthday to you!! Also check you out with your Milka and Cadbury bars. Sounds like it was a great day.

April said...

I've never had the apple pie caramel apples. I'll have to look for them on my next visit there!

Kristen, It was a spur of the moment decision. I mean, it *was* a whole $1 off the regular price. It's an okay cd. Some songs are pretty meh, though.

Rachel, I do, don't I? Either that, or I dream them.

Chica, Kudos are delicious. Thank you! :)

Nem, I totally forgot I even had the Milka bar still left. Must hunt it down. It *is* hunting season, after all.

Marie said...

Happy Birthday!

I need to be more careful what I say in public, because who knows when April might wander into the room with her Dork-Detecting Radar...

Isn't that bubble bath from Bath and Body Works? I swore I would not participate in Black Friday, but I did find myself there right before closing :)