Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brad Renfro, dead at 25

My sister and I looooooved Brad Renfro.



He was a great actor, starting with his 1996 role in The Client. Who doesn't remember that movie? And after that, one of my favorite sappy movies, The Cure. Major tear-jerker.


Speaking of tear-jerkers, the dark but amazing Sleepers had plenty of air-time at my house. God, that movie was fantastic, despite its horrifying subject.



And there's plenty of movies that he's been in that I haven't even gotten around to yet, and some I should reconsider (Ghost World). I think I'll have a Renfro weekend in memorium.

6 comments:

Carina said...

What? That's a shock to me!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, April thanks for doing this. I had such a crush on him. And his little country accent. Such a cutie. And what a shame. Ill have to show you that Pharrell music video Brad's in. :(

petullant said...

I LOVE RENFRO! And I was always made fun of for it. Seriously, he was one of my first "Boys I would snog it, ya know, in a crunch" picks:
http://www.specsappeal.net/archives/2002/06/hi_there_foxy_1.html

April said...

Carina, I was shocked, too. :(

Laura, I so remember that!! Except I didn't know about him being in "Ghost World" back then. He was seriously cute, though.

Anonymous said...

Sleepers was such a good movie. I didn't even hear about this til I checked in with your blog! How sad :( x

Anonymous said...

I know. Makes me sad. :(