Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Third annual book list

For the third consecutive year, I will be posting a list of all the books I have read over the past year. I managed to pack my highest number yet into 2007. Here's some help to understanding the list:
~Any title that's in blue print is a book that I highly recommend.
~Titles in green print will be books that were in audio format.
~Asterisks (*) mark books that are part of a series.
~Titles that are in bold have been reviewed on New Dork Times, my book blog.

Also, last year I invited readers to suggest a book for me to read. I had great intentions, but unfortunately, I didn't get to each one. Someday, maybe. For now, check out my book list. I hope you find some that will interest you!

1) Bridget Jones's Diary, by Helen Fielding
2) Dead to the World, by Charlaine Harris*
3) Dead as a Doornail, by Charlaine Harris*
4) Definitely Dead, by Charlaine Harris*
5) The Long Chalkboard and Other Stories, by Jenny Allen
6) Secret Society Girl: An Ivy League Novel, by Diana Peterfreund
7) Stardust of Yesterday, by Lynn Kurland
8) Sickened, by Julie Gregory
9) Running With the Demon, by Terry Brooks
10) Sleeping With the Fishes, by Mary Janice Davidson
11) May Day, by Jess Lourey
12) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling*
13) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling*
14) Fangland, by John Marks
15) Love Overboard, by Janet Evanovich
16) Bloodsucking Fiends, by Christopher Moore*
17) I wrote down the date I finished it, 3/23/07, but forgot the title & author.
18) Five Men Who Broke My Heart, by Susan Shapiro
19) Autobiography of Red, by Anne Carson
20) You Suck, by Christopher Moore*
21) Burning Bright, by Tracy Chevalier
22) Dead and Dating, by Kimberly Raye*
23) The Stolen Child, by Keith Donahue
24) Dead and Dateless, by Kimberly Raye*
25) Something Borrowed, by Emily Giffin
26) Something Blue, by Emily Giffin
27) Baby Proof, by Emily Giffin
28) Fairest, by Gail Carson Levine
29) Heart-Shaped Box, by Joe Hill
30) Skinny Dip, by Carl Hiaasen
31) Undead and Unwed, by Mary Janice Davidson*
32) Undead and Unemployed, by Mary Janice Davidson*
33) All Together Dead, by Charlaine Harris*
34) Undead and Unappreciated, by Mary Janice Davidson*
35) Undead and Unreturnabale, by Mary Janice Davidson*
36) Undead and Unpopular, by Mary Janice Davidson*
37) The Society of S, by Susan Hubbard
38) The Nature of Monsters, by Clare Clark
39) Remembering Sarah, by Chris Mooney
40) Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye, by Victoria Laurie*
41) Walking on Ice, by Susan Hubbard
42) As I Lay Dying, by William Faulkner
43) Lost and Found, by Carolyn Parkhurst
44) Body Surfing, by Anita Shreve
45) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling
46) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling (Not a typo. I actually read it again immediately after finishing the first time.)
47) Austenland, by Shannon Hale
48) Such a Pretty Girl, by Laura Wiess
49) Better Read Than Dead, by Victoria Laurie*
49) Undead and Uneasy, by Mary Janice Davidson*
50) Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer*
51) Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson
52) A Vision of Murder, by Victoria Laurie*
53) Killer Insight, by Victoria Laurie*
54) Labyrinth, by Kate Mosse
55) In the Woods, by Tana French
56) What's a Ghoul to do?, by Victoria Laurie
57) Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, by J.K. Rowling*
58) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, by J.K. Rowling*
59) Red Leaves, by Thomas Cook
60) Crime Seen, by Victoria Laurie*
61) Ask Again Later, by Jill A. Davis
62) An Ice Cold Grave, by Charlaine Harris*
63) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling*
64) The Every Boy, by Dana Adam Shapiro
65) Ghost, by Alan Lightman
66) The Royal Treatment, by Mary Janice Davidson
67) Under the Rose, by Diana Peterfreund
68) Morrigan's Cross, by Nora Roberts*
69) Dance of the Gods, by Nora Roberts*
70) Valley of Silence, by Nora Roberts*
71) The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, by Kate DiCamillo
72) Stardust, by Neil Gaiman
73) The Year of Endless Sorrows, by Adam Rapp
74) The City of Ember, by Jeanne DuPrau
75) The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, by Maggie O'Farrell

8 comments:

N.F. said...

Holy crap. Reading this post confirms to me that I need to get the hell of blogger and do more reading!

Kristen said...

dork.

April said...

True and True. :)

atsirk said...

Wow. Nora Roberts books not in blue? Not highly recommended? *shocking*

You really need to read more. Sheesh!

i i eee said...

Your lists always remind me that I need to start writing down what books I've read for the year.

I certainly haven't read as many as you, of course.

I had forgotten I had even read "Nature of Monsters." Good book.

April said...

Krista, While I am ashamed to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed Roberts' manipulative storylines, the writing was too horrid to rate a high recommendation. I do love me some vampire romance, though.

i i eee, I got my aunt started on writing down the books she's read for the year, too. Nature of Monsters was good, though disturbing, too. Just the way I like 'em.

Marie said...

My lands -- you really ARE a bookivore. I'm very impressed. You must not watch enough TV. :)

April said...

Marie, Sadly enough, I watch way too much TV. Although lately I've been obsessed with watching dvd TV series. Oh, Veronica Mars. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways: Logan Echolls, Weevil Navarro, Wallace Fennell, and Duncan Kane.