Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I've been tagged!

No, not by a game warden, you jerks. By the lovely and always funny Marie. So, here are seven random things you may not know about me.

1) In fifth grade, I wrote a book (well, eight pages bound between yellow plastic) about a girl who dyes her beehive hairdo seven crazy colors and searches for acceptance, finally gaining it from a penguin and some other odd character that I've now forgotten. Oh, and I think I named the hair salon Curl Up & Dye.

2) I've always hated the singer Tiffany (the mall queen) because she briefly dated Jon Knight, of New Kids on the Block. (I'd still do him.)

3) Once when I was in kindergarten, the school was cancelled mid-day due to a blizzard. My school bus dropped me off at my house, out in the country, and my parents were at work. No one contacted them. I had to crawl into the doghouse, where I kept warm by Black Dog (yeah, that was his name) lying on top of me. He wouldn't let me out until my parents finally got home.

4) I was awesome on a pogo ball. Fo rizzle. I could do all sorts of tricks on it: spins, jumps, flips, the bunny hop. That's right, the bunny hop.

5) I practice the jokes and stories I'd tell if I was ever a guest on the Conan O'Brien show. (Like you don't do the same thing.) Conan would love me. He'd totally ask me to hang out with him and other cool famous people after the taping. Oh, and I'd tell Max Weinberg to shut it, cuz he's freaking lame.

6) I have watched the soap opera Days of Our Lives since I was a little girl, with exceptions. Obviously I couldn't watch during school days in high school, but I've always at least known the current storylines. I look forward to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, cuz those are the days I get a lunch break at home so I can watch.

7) I'd love to write for a sitcom. Or write a screenplay that translate into this little sleeper hit, indie film.

I'm not going to tag anyone else. But if you'd like to write seven things about yourself, let me know because I'd love to read it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curl up & Dye! Ha! That's VERY impressive for a fifth grader!

I also was quite gifted on the pogo ball. Mine was orange with a gray disc. Booyah!

April said...

Mine was white with an orange disc. And it had broken bricks falling from a wall. haha

Anonymous said...

#2 made me laugh out loud--literally.

N.F. said...

#6 - OH MY CRAP, me too! I remember when Hope was a little girl - around 6 years old.

My mom would always watch Days and I remember being on the living room floor coloring or something.

April said...

Sally, it's totally true.

NF, I even saved the issue of Soap Opera Digest where Bo and Hope got married. I had such a crush on him.

Marie said...

I love Conan, but I've never believed I could keep up with him in real life. You, however -- I'd love to see that. I will absolutely tune in to watch your witty sitcom-slash-indie-film and then I'll tune in to watch your delightful banter with Conan about your sitcom-slash-indie-film. Remember to use Curl Up & Dye on him -- hilarious!

April said...

Marie, His hair *does* slightly resemble the hairdo my main character has. ;) Thanks for tuning in!