Thursday, April 13, 2006

Eat this, Fake Wayne!

Amanda had her job interview on Wednesday, and though she hasn't heard if she got the job, she did say the interview itself went really well. It's for a Subway restaurant, and when the manager asked her what she knew about Subway, Amanda replied, "Uh, you eat fresh?" hahahaha That's m'girl! She said that at the end of the interview, she asked the manager if he'd ever seen the movie Saving Silverman. He grinned and goes, "You mean because of Subway University?" She laughed and said yes. So then they compared their favorite scenes from the movie. His favorite, if you're interested, is when Jack Black and Steve Zahn go to kidnap Amanda Peet. They split up, and Jack heads right for the kitchen, where he begins eating. He says into his walkie-talkie, "Dude, I think I see something in the back of the refrig---closet." Classic scene.

I also talked with Cara the other night. She moved into her own place and likes working as a correctional officer at a prison. Anyway, while we were talking, Tyler started crying in the background because he fell. For like the next 5 minutes, literally, all I could hear was him chanting "Broken butt...broken butt...broken butt..."

And Krista has arrived to hang out with me for the night. Before I had to go to work, we watched Days of Our Lives, and Krista imitated a reporter on the show who had mistaken one woman for someone else's wife. When he was corrected, he said, "I'm so sorry about that. Sometimes we just get it wrong. We get it wrong."
Krista: *imitating reporter, complete with invisible microphone* April, I can see the complete frustration on your face.
Me: Um, that's just gas.
Krista: I'm so sorry about that. Sometimes we just get it wrong. We get it wrong.

Then while she patiently waited for me at the library, we overheard two little old ladies talking about the front page of our local newspaper, which featured an article on methamphetamines. Old lady one is hard of hearing, therefore shouted her side of the conversation.
Old lady 1: Boy! They sure have problems with this meth!
Old lady 2: Yeah, they sure do.
Old lady 1: What the hell does it do, anyway?
Old lady 2: I don't know.
Old lady 1: Does it give ya a high?

Krista and I quickly separated to prevent a full-blown case of inappropriate giggling.

And finally, as Krista looked at a stack of books, she pointed at a book on tape. Laughing, she read the print on the bottom, "Read by author." She says, "I thought, 'Well, of course the author read it! She wrote it.' Then I realized it was a book on tape." haha Ah, you'll laugh later when you get it.

6 comments:

redlaw said...

ha ha ha haaaaa

Old Ladies with bad hearing are the best. As was the fake interview...passing gas is always good for a laugh...unless t's me passing gas in front of a hot boy - then, it's the most horrible thing ever...not that it's ever happened..er....

TOWR said...

You had me at Saving Silverman...

Kristen said...

Dang! Amanda is smooth! With the whole "eat fresh" and "Saving Silverman" thing - she's a shoe in. Tell her papa kristen is proud.
*whine* i want to giggle about old ladies and meth...and april having gas.

Rachel - Every time I see your Milhouse pic I laugh a lot. A LOT.

TOWR said...

Kristen--YES (doing "YES!" fist pump)! I'm so glad you like it. :)

The more I hear/read about you and April the more I'm convinced that Redlaw and I could meet you in real life and laugh until we pooped our pants and ruptured a major organ.

April said...

Papa Kristen...hahahaha

I would hope we wouldn't all poop our pants and rupture organs. That would be hard to explain to the paramedics.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh Blamo i love it when u write about me...and Papa Kristen...i love making you proud!!!