Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So, I found out (by way of my precious Sitemeter) that some website that is dedicated to Steve Gonsalves of TAPS, whom I've previously blogged about and lusted for, has linked me as a wealth of information. Apparently they've worked tirelessly to bring the very best sites with Steve info all onto one site for easier access for hardcore fans.

And I'm #4.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahahaha

I also found out that the lucious Isaac Hayden, who sings "It's All I Need Today" on Redlaw's March cd, will be performing in Duluth in June. So I informed Kristen that we'll be attending. Mmmm....

Yesterday evening I picked up Amanda and Jersey to come over and watch American Idol. We first had to stop at the store so she could pick up some milk. I parked the car, and before Amanda got out:
Me: Oh! Guess who's performing on American Idol this week?
Amanda: Who?
Me: Kenny Rogers.
Amanda: *she leans her head back and sighs* Kenny Rogers? Why can't they have anyone good?
Me: *I shrug*
Amanda: *she gets out of the car, and just before closing the door, she leans back in and says* Well, maybe he'll sing "Footloose!" *slams the door*
Me: *thinking, "What the hell?"* *I roll down my window* Amanda!
Amanda: *she stops and comes back to the car*
Me: Kenny Rogers, not Kenny Loggins!
Amanda: Oh. Well, who is Kenny Rogers?
Me: The Gambler?? "Islands in the Stream?"
Amanda: Oh. You don't tell anyone about this.

Last night I was trying to explain to my grandma about some weird numerical phenomenon that would be occurring later that night.
Me: So, if you stay up until 1 a.m., and three seconds after the second minute, it'll be the fourth month, fifth day of the sixth year.
Grams: *looks blankly at me*
Me: Look. *writing it on paper* It'll be 1:02:03 a.m. on 4/05/06.
Grams: *continues looking blankly at me*
Me: Come on! It's 01.02.03.04.05.06!
Grams: *continues looking blankly at me, bites an orange slice*
Me: Don't you think that's funny?
Grams: I guess.
Me: *sigh* You're a tough ol' biddy to impress.
Grams: True dat.**

**Grams didn't actually say "true dat," but if she had, my life would have been complete.

7 comments:

atsirk said...

AHHHAHHHAHHAHHHHHHHAAAAAA! I have waited all week long for a good laugh! Thank you for posting. You are the queen!

*giggles* I can picture your grandma saying true dat!

April said...

It's nice to be appreciated. :)
Btw, I was gonna ask if you wanted to go to that Isaac Hayden concert in June? It's only like $5 to go.

redlaw said...

Damn,I have started an Isaac Hayden phenomena - he should make out with me for that....

I say "true dat" and I act like a grandma if that counts for anything....

Anonymous said...

rotflmao @ your sister mixing up Kenny Rogers and Kenny Loggins! That is just too freakin' hilarious!

I miss you stopping by my page to say hi. Do you have myspace? If you do you should totally add me to your friends list.

Kristen said...

your grams is a "true dat" kinda gal.

I can't tell you how many times I was forced to listen to "The Gambler" by my mom. Ever weekend in jr high/high school I would wake up to that song blaring. *gag*

April said...

redlaw, grandmas don't make out with law students on weekend getaways. There's no way you count as a grandma.

Dawn, I don't have myspace, but I'll try to get to your page more often.

Kristen, that's funny, but I think of your mom always singing "I want to know what love is...I know you can show meeeee!"

Anonymous said...

no busting on "islands in the stream" -- he dueted with dolly!!! >)