Saturday, April 29, 2006

I don't say things like "special evening." I play guitar!

My mom, Amanda, and I like to play a little game called "There's your lover." It's pretty self-explanatory. We call lovers for each other by randomly pointing at gross guys and saying, "There's your lover." The grosser they are, the more fun it is to watch the other person squirm in disgust.

Yesterday while Amanda and I were waiting in the car as Mom went into the convenience store, Amanda picked a particularly gross guy for me. In revenge, I pointed at a big guy, who wasn't really that bad looking, but kinda dorky, and he was wearing a T-shirt that read "Wrestling USA." I told Amanda, "There's your lover." She said yuck.

But then, since we'd all been singing stupid songs earlier, I made up a little ditty to go along with the guy I picked out. To the tune of "She's an Easy Lover."

"Amanda wants that wrestler, she wants to do the sleeper-hold on him, believe me."

It was hilarious. Then we just kept using that tune to make up different variations. Also, the song "Your momma don't drink, and your daddy don't rock and roll" is now "Your momma's got the clap, and your daddy's out on parole." It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

5 comments:

redlaw said...

You just get funnier as time goes by....

And now that "Easy Lover" song will be in my head all day while I shelve books.

Anonymous said...

lol I will never think of that song the same way again.

i i eee said...

"There's your lover" is much better than the game I used to play, "Look, what's your boyfriend doing, scratching his dirty, homeless balls? I bet you like to braid his nasty hair too, hmmh?"

atsirk said...

Ah, your songs! Bitterbot is still my favorite. Now you can have a reality TV show and a CD at the same time. Lucky!

April said...

Redlaw, Well, now I have "Unchained Melody" in my head thanks to you. "As tiiiime gooooes byyyy..."

Dawn, Eh, it wasn't that great of a song to begin with. I just spiced it up.

Metamorphose, I like your style.

Dear Bitterbot,
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to piss you off.
Love, Wind Wave (or am I Gamma Gate?)