Friday, April 07, 2006

They ain't love handles if nobody loves you

Some moments I regret:

*The one time I had the desire to run, I caught my foot in the leg of a chair and twisted my ankle. I was forced to ride piggy back all the way home (to my dorm) on a friend's back. All this, by the way, happened in front of a crush. I wonder why he never asked me out.

*While visiting a hot boy friend at the coffee place where he worked, he gave me my first cappuccino for free. All flushed from the steamy cup in my hand and the hotness of his face, my parting words were an enthusiastic, "Thanks a million!" Those Danny Tanner-like words echoed in my head the rest of the day. And I dumped the cappuccino after one sip.

*I have been urged/pressured to sing karaoke a few times in my life. And several times, I complied. With great regret, I offer these song choices as proof of my nerdery:
~Closing Time, by Semisonic (people literally got up and left)
~You're So Vain, by Carly Simon (one guy yelled, "What the hell?" when I & Kristen finished)
~Karma Chameleon, by Culture Club (Kristen only knew the chorus, so I was stuck singing "I'm a man without conviction" alone)
~The Monkees theme song (which neither of us knew very well)
~But at least I didn't have to sing "Come On Eileen," by Dexy's Midnight Runners, which Tony had asked the DJ to have me sing. The DJ couldn't find the song, so I was safe.

*One Halloween I dressed up as Mrs. Doubtfire, and looked more like a gay linebacker.

*The first time I ever got drunk, I pointed at a poor red-haired boy in the bar and shouted, "Hey, look! It's Beaker from the Muppet Show!" Even more, I regret the "Beaker" noises with which I followed the drunken comment.

11 comments:

redlaw said...

haaaa ha ha hahahahahaaaaa

that was funny!!! I especially liked the beaker comment...funny drunks are my favorite drunks - and you can call me beaker anytime - as long as you make the accompanying sound effects.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!

Chica said...

Karaoke is at it's best when performed poorly - making a fool of yourself is what it's for! I remember going to a karaoke bar and the first person who got up was a professional singer, everyone in the place was almost asleep when she finished! I'm sure your renditions were worth seeing :) x

John said...

The beaker and doubtfire moments- Classics.

TOWR said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! **wiping tears** Beaker. Oh, man. Priceless.

Ok, you are totally my hero. I LOVE your post title! Please tell me you stole that off a bumper sticker. Nobody can be that witty. If you DID actually think it up, I'm totally going to fly out to wherever you are and spend the rest of my life sitting at your feet and staring up adoringly at you. You freaking KILL me!

Anonymous said...

lmao That is freakin' hilarious! We so need to hang out sometime! You are too funny!

April said...

Redlaw, Believe me, I'm a funny drunk. Only one sad drunk moment to ruin the funny record.

Chica, I wasn't too bothered in the actual moment of singing because I'd downed about 5 screwdrives, my alcoholic beverage of choice. I even got a couple "good job" comments from strangers. But they were probably drunk, too. :)

Walrus, I aim to please...and to make an ass of myself.

Rachel, No way am I that witty. I stole the title from "Will & Grace" when Will is in a bitter mood. At least you can save yourself some airfare! lol

Dawn, there's no such thing as "too funny." Until someone's sides *actually* split, I am a failure.

Kristen said...

Oh Lord. I remember the beaker moment. Then you had to go to the bathroom, and I had to help you to the bathroom because you "couldn't get through" even though there weren't that many people there - you were just too drunk to push your way through. Then later that night you emailed a certain boy and told him how cute you thought he was. hahaha. good times. i can't wait for this weekend!!!!

TOWR said...

**sigh** It's times like this I wish I were a drinker. Maybe in my next life...

April said...

Stupid cute boy who never talked to me again. *sigh*

And there were too a lot of people in my way that night!! But I concede your point: I was pathetically drunk.

Rachel, I only condone drinking if you're with friends and have someone to drive you home. No drinking alone.

redlaw said...

No drinking alone???!!??

*puts away bottle of Tequilla*

Damn!