Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"Rock got no reason, rock got no rhyme. You better get me to school on time."

Yesterday I had to drive with a co-worker to Eau Claire for a library workshop on advanced cataloging. I've only done a little bit of work in the catalog system, so I didn't know what was going on. But my co-worker was familiar with the process and still didn't know what was going on, so I didn't feel bad. And then there was a 45-minute tangent on something only semi-related to what we were discussing. It was a waste of time. At least I get reimbursed for my mileage and lunch.

A conversation with Kristen yesterday reminded me of something I forgot to post after mine and Krista's stay in Superior. We had all been sitting in Kristen's room when her mom brought in the phone for her. She said hello and listened as a high-pitched squeaky voice on the phone said, "Hi, Kristen! This is April." She turned and looked at me, then says into the phone, "Uh, no it isn't....since I'm looking at her right now." It was Dan. Then he goes, "Oh, so I guess I didn't need to put on the fake boobs, huh?"

He also admitted to her that he used to have a crush on me. I knew it already, but I was glad to have my fears (ha ha) confirmed. He said, "But, you know, I was young..." Kristen added, "And stupid."

She said he called her again the other day, and she said to him, "Oh, hi April." And in his squeaky "April" voice, he replied, "Hi! I called to talk about Dan again because that's what we always talk about!" She goes, "Yeah...You totally have a crush on him."

Makes me laugh...and cringe. Dan is the real-life Napoleon Dynamite, if you'll recall. Well...Napoleon Dynamite/Cosmo Kramer. I suppose I should be flattered, sorta, since Dan always manages to inexplicably get hot girlfriends. It's so bizarre.

7 comments:

i i eee said...

Hey maybe you should give Dan a chance...maybe he just needs a bit of a makeover, eh?

ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

just wanted u to check my page out...i fixed it up. dont laugh at elliot either!!!!

Anonymous said...

guess it woulda helped if i gave u the address huh? (dumb ass)

http://www.myspace.com/flandafill

April said...

Oh, amanda... I have no words.

redlaw said...

I think Napoleon Dynamite is kinda sorta cute (in real life...not with the moon boots).

But I have to wonder why geeky boys are always able to snag hot women? Why can't that work the other way????

John said...

I love school of Rock.

April said...

Walrus, Thank you!!!!

Redlaw, I don't know how he gets the hot ladies. He must just wear down their resistance or something.

Meta, No makeover would take away the fact that he's Dan.