Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A couple things I forgot:

When I was cutting into the delicious Dairy Queen cake with a large butcher knife, my grandma kept hovering over me, worried I'd slice my hand off.
Grams: I worry about you using that knife. Let me get you a paring knife.
Me: Grandma, I'm fine. I know how to use a knife.
Grams: Well, I worry. Here's a paring knife.
Me: I can't use a paring knife to cut the cake!
Grams: Well, I worry about you using that knife.
Me: I'm fine! *handing her a slice of cake on a plate* Here, eat your cake.
Grams: Well, just be careful with that knife. I'm worried-- Whoops! *she drops her cake onto the floor*
Kristen and I start laughing hysterically.
Grams: Oh, darn it. *laughing*
Me: Looks like you should have worried more about your cake than my knife!

My boss and I were talking outside, where it was really windy. As she was talking, I saw a white feather whipping at me. I ducked, and it floated on by, missing me by mere inches. And all I could think in my head was, "You could have knocked me over with a feather!" And I laughed a lot.

4 comments:

redlaw said...

yeah, good build-up of tension on the knife conversation...I was certain it was going to end up being cake served with lady fingers and I mean that in the gross way, of course.

but cake spilling onto the floor is also good in my book...

April said...

It's not as funny as the time Kristen tried to karate chop Krista to prevent her from getting more cake and ended up karate chopping the cake itself and flipping it directly into her crotch...but it's a good second.

i i eee said...

Thank you.

Cake in the crotch makes me sad. :(

April said...

Meta, You're welcome.

And don't be sad. It was the funniest karate move ever. And we still ate the cake.