Friday, May 26, 2006



We all have a type.

<---- This is mine. I've got a major thing for dark curly hair, usually blue eyes, and the whole kind of scrubby look. Not dirty, just...rough. I dig that whole bad boy thing. The bad boy who's not afraid to be goofy. Look at him. Doesn't he look like a goofball? I love that. I lust after that. I can get that.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I could get Ben Affleck. But I could get the bad boy, goof ball. Probably no where near as hot as Ben, but you know what I mean. All I'd have to do is lower my standards, forget about my boy requirements...like intelligence, literacy, and social graces.


But then, just when I think I could be okay with a guy like that, guess who comes along?

























The breathtaking, mishievous, brilliant type. *sigh*

Look at him. Gorgeous. Funny, smart, considerate of my feelings. Damn those pretty eyes and knowing smile! He knows I want him. He loves it. He feeds off it.

And I can never have him. He's way out of my league. Oh, Scott Speedman and men of your caliber, why do you taunt me with those kissable lips? Why do the words "tender lover" echo in my head?

I just want to know, isn't there an in-between? Is there some sort of happy medium? A man who is within my league, yet reads more than "Mechanics Monthly?" A man who is edgy at times, yet sweet when I need it? Serious and goofy all in one? Is there anyone like that?

12 comments:

i i eee said...

"A man who is within my league, yet reads more than "Mechanics Monthly?""

Oh it's so true!

Oh Scott Speedman, your magic is unstoppable!

Kristen said...

I told you you'd love Felicity. Speedman is so dreamy.

redlaw said...

Yummy....hot boys.

Scott Speedman always makes me think of speedos....maybe it's the last name. And really, speedos are not a good morning thought for me...yech...

Scott Speedman, on the other hand, in speedos, is not an altogether bad thought...

April said...

I'd rather see Scott Speedman without the speedos.

atsirk said...

You have excellent taste, April. You'll get your man, and he'll be hotter than both of them combined. Or you could just marry Taylor Hicks.

April said...

Jolene, Thank you. Yes, it is new.

Atsirk, Kristen would kill me if I married Taylor.

Kristen said...

kill indeed.

April said...

Jolene, Chris is married. I respect the sanctity of marriage. Plus, I just like Taylor better.

Nemesis said...

I do love me some Scott Speedman. Whoo . . .

M.A. said...

"isn't there an in-between?"
Sometimes edgy, but potentially sensitive?
Dark and handsome, but also sometimes over the top and/or goofy?
Shabby and kind of rough, but also intelligent and well read?

Yes, but they're almost all musicians. Or dirty hippies. Or both

Kristen said...

I *heart* musicians. yum.

April said...

Mike...speaking from experience? Are you a dirty hippie musician and/or single?

hahahahahaha

I'm a dork.