Thursday, May 18, 2006


I'm currently reading this book, "Found." It's pretty cool. People have sent in tons of pictures, letters, notes, etc. that they've just randomly found. I got my copy from a library, and wouldn't you know it, someone had left a little note of their own inside. On the back of an old film developing envelope, someone had written, "Am I crazy? Or did I just blow your mind bitch?" Indeed, they had.

The other night Amanda went digging through my purse for a pen. After she found one, she left my purse on the edge of the table, which apparently translates to "fair game" for Jersey. Like fools, none of us noticed how quiet she'd become. Moments later, Jersey walked into the living room with one of Auntie's emergency pads in her hand. I watched in horror as she held it up to her nose, sniffing. "Piddy," she said. Mom and Amanda started laughing hysterically. She sniffed it again. "Piddy."

I grabbed it away from her, my face red. She left the room, returning a minute later with another one, apparently liking the baking powder scent. Then I noticed she had powder all over her clothes. Yup, she'd dug into Auntie's makeup, too.

11 comments:

atsirk said...

Ha ha ha ha!!! I guess Jersey could have been in the book "Found", too! I can see it now, and I would have so laughed. And you're face would be priceless!!

Anonymous said...

ohmyheck! Okay I was seriously just laughing so hard that I couldn't answer the phone here at work when it rang! You are such a riot. We totally have to hang out sometime! I have videotape of my nephew, Joshua, at about 2 years old digging through my purse. He would take everything out and say what it was.

i i eee said...

Oh that Jersey. So piddy, so piddy. ha ha

You'll have to leave your own 'found' item in the book to freak out some other bitch.

April said...

Krista, True, she totally could have been in "Found." haha

Dawn, That's hilarious that you couldn't even answer the phone! That just made my day. :)

Meta, Oh, you bet your sweet, sweet ass I'm gonna leave a "found" item in the book.

Kristen said...

at least she didn't say she could smell ranch dressing. *gag*

April said...

Kristen, WHAT????

redlaw said...

Um, yeah, I want to understand the Ranch dressing remark as well....

It could be worse - she could have wandered into the room with a tampon stuck up her nose - true story - happened to my cousin's little girl....

Kristen said...

one of the kids in my mom's daycare found a pad that must have fallen out of my purse and brought it to my mom asking what it was and why it smelt like ranch dressing. i'm not sure what flowery/powdery scent it was suppose to be, but certainly not ranch dressing.

April said...

LMAO

I thought you were insinuating that I smelled of ranch dressing.

Anonymous said...

A couple of years ago my son got into my box of tampons. He was pretendig they were guns when I found out what he was doing. Then he cried and threw a tantrum when I took them away.

April said...

hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha


gay.