Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Kristen came to visit me over the weekend. We had fun, despite the fact that I had a cold and was a bit weary.

Friday night, my aunt let us stay free of charge at her motel in Eau Claire. We got her a card and candle as a thank-you gift.

Mostly we hung out at stores. We did some investigating for wedding presents at the places where Jolene registered. We may or may not have found excellent purchases.

I went overboard getting Jersey some clothes. But they were clearance, and I couldn't resist. I got her a deep blue Indian-style shirt with gold and pink decorations and a deep blue ruffled skirt to match, and a dark pink shirt in the same style to match a pink skirt. Then I got her a pink and white plaid sundress. Kristen got her a gorgeous yellow sundress with a white ribbon above the waist and lots of bumblebees all over. We made her try on every outfit, too, and Jersey twirled around and strutted her cute self.

Outside one store, we saw a man with a large black poodle. Kristen went over and started petting the dog and talking to the owner. I asked the man what the dog's name was.
Man: We call him Curly.
Me: *smirking* Yeah, I can relate.
Man: *kinda laughing* Yeah. *then pointing at my hair* Yeah! Yeah! *laughing*
Kristen: *jerking her thumb at me* We call her Poodle.
Man: *still laughing* You two would look good walking down the street together!

At first I thought he meant me and Kristen, and I wanted to shout, "For the love of God, I'm not gay!" But then I realized he meant me and Curly. I also told Kristen that after she said that people call me Poodle, I should have said, "Yeah, well, we call you Bitch!"

I gave Kristen the rest of her birthday presents because I probably won't see her until after her actual birthday. I also got her an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. When I ordered it, the girl wrote down on the order slip "Happy 27th Kirsten," instead of Kristen. I was tempted to leave it, but the wrath of Kristen is great. (Just try bugging her when she's knitting!!)

We also each made a Mother's Day present for our moms and grandmas. I got the idea from Martha Stewart. We made pincushions out of the lids on mason jars with fiber fill and pink fabric with tiny white flowers, and then kept sewing supplies inside the jar. Very cute.

There may be other things. But I'm tired.

5 comments:

John said...

the wrath of Kristen is great- that made me laugh for some reason....glad you had a nice time, april. :)

i i eee said...

Oh man, I didn't even think about Grandma for mother's day. Maybe I'll be able to get crafty in time before I see her. Your pincushion thing sounds great.

I went to Color Me Mine and painted a sunflower pitcher for my mom. (I probably would have gone for a bowl, but one of her old pitchers broke.) I've never done that before...I hope it turns out okay. I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday night.

I love poodles. Especially standard sized ones. And they don't shed very much. I've thought about poodles....hmmmmmm.

i i eee said...

Oh and I didn't mean, "I've thought about poodles....hmmmmmm" in like a, "I want to eat them" kind of way. I meant in a, "if I ever get a dog" kind of way.

Just to clarify. I don't eat dogs. My roommate might though.

redlaw said...

hee hee....eating poodles...hee hee.

Not that there is anything funny about eating dogs.

Sounds like another stellar weekend for the April and Kristen Show...am definitely still planning to make a guest appearance this summer - be ready!

April said...

Walrus, I wasn't kidding. She threatened to jab me with a knitting needle!

Meta, I'll send you a link with the directions for that project! It's super easy. And I didn't think you wanted to eat dogs. I thought you just liked thinking about them. haha

Redlaw, I'll be ready!