Saturday, September 01, 2007

'L' is for lazy.

One of my bosses happens to have her own blog, and she introduced me to a fun idea for a post. So, being that I'm too lazy to write a real and/or meaningful post today, I'm going to copy her idea. Initially, someone is to give you a letter of the alphabet, and you then post your 10 favorite movies starting with that letter. For today's purpose, I'll choose a random letter and make my list. Anyone else who'd like to play may leave a comment asking for a letter, which I will choose for them.

Movies that start with the letter "L"

1. Labyrinth

2. Lord of the Rings trilogy

3. Lost in Translation (Apparently people either love this movie or hate it. I whole-heartedly love it.)

4. Love Actually

5. The Lost Boys

6. Legends of the Fall (I've actually given up count of how many times I've watched this one.)

7. The Last of the Mohicans

8. Liar Liar

9. Little Miss Sunshine

10. A Love Song for Bobby Long

And, just for a laugh, how about 5 of the worst movies that start with L?

1. Lady in the Water (horr.i.ble. only way to say it.)

2. The Last Kiss (I wanted so badly to love this one. So, so, so disappointing.)

3. Little Black Book

4. The Ladykillers

5. Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector (I don't even have to watch this one to know it's deplorable.)

9 comments:

jojo said...

Little Black Book was a painful movie to watch. A coworker told me how 'great' it was and insisted I watch it. I watched it to the bitter end. I'm still mad about losing those 2 hours of my life.

Carina said...

I love Labyrinth. I had such a crush on the Goblin King growing up (it's kind of embarrassing.)

Kristen said...

oh! a "random" letter? i guess "L" also stands for LIAR!

Marie said...

I can tell by your list of favorite L movies that it would never come to blows if you and I went to Blockbuster together. Nor would we stand around for 45 minutes saying,

"What do you want to watch?"

"I dunno, what do YOU want to watch?"

Oh, the hours of precious Friday night I have wasted having that conversation.

April said...

Jolene, I can't remember who also insisted I watch that movie, but it was painful. So was Uptown Girls. Ugh.

Azucar, no need to be embarrassed. David Bowie is strangely hot in that movie. I don't know what it is. The makeup? The stringy hair? The stretch pants? Hmm.

Kristenlicrappian, Uh, it does, actually. If you'd read the list, you'd have seen "Liar, Liar." Get with it.

Marie, I've had my share of those nights, too. Maybe some day I'll get to spend my Friday nights making out with a boy instead of arguing with a girl about what movie to watch. You think?

i i eee said...

Oh I still get hot watching David Bowie in those stretch pants -HOT POTATO!

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I loved Eclipse and it's so great to get a chance to hear from some one else who did too. It seems as if most people have either loved it or hated it.

My favorite from your list is Labyrinth... you just have to love David Bowie as the Goblin King :)

chosha said...

Nice list. I loved Lost in Translation, but partly because I was just heading home from living in Japan when it came out.

I'd like a letter, please!

April said...

Chosha! Thank you! The only person who has asked for a letter. I'll give you an excellent letter. How about M?

Katie, You're welcome! I'll have to stop by more often. :)