Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I like your sleeves. They're real big.

My grandpa literally made me gag last night. He poured a glass of milk, then added crumbled saltine crackers. Then spooned it out for consumption! Gross out! I almost couldn't eat chocolate later in the evening. Almost.

I'm working at the CA library right now. God save me from pre-adolescents and teenage girls. They are so freaking annoying. Every two seconds they're giggling over nothing! Ugh. Each one trying to out-giggle the other. And the boys... "Can I go on the computer? Is it my turn yet? Can I go on the computer?" I think we should ban kids from the computers. Read books or stay out of the library! *growled the grouchy semi-librarian*

I'm kinda thinking that the older woman at the CH library, the one who was off on sick leave for so long, may not last at work much longer. She's missed several of her shifts or left early from them because of "problems," she snaps at people when they try to help her, she flat-out told our director that she resents me and I should be fired (because she's back and that should be enough help), and a board member was in the library and saw the lady be rude to a customer. Everyone walks on eggshells around her. It's unfair to everyone else. And she's 78! Come on! Just retire already!

Kristen is going to come spend Halloween weekend at my house. I'm probably not going to dress up to go anywhere. I'm no longer into the bar scene. And even if I were interested, two people at a bar does not a party make. But on the 31st, Amanda and I will take Jersey around the block and to the library for trick-or-treating. She's going to be a little bumblebee. :) And Amanda wants to dress up as Napoleon Dynamite. I will definitely take pictures!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this new site!
Why can't they just let that old lady go. Are they afraid of getting sued for age discrimination or somthing?
(jolene)

i i eee said...

Ugh. I hate it when one employee ruins it for everyone by being such a hag -yet the management won't do anything about it. They just wait until that person quits. (Can you tell I'm experiencing something quite similar at my library???)

Anyway, I know Jersey will be the cutest bumblebee ever to buzz about on Halloween. Can't wait for pics!!!

April said...

Jolene~ Glad you like my site! I feel like I just bought something shiny and new.

Rachel, I think everyone is experiencing that at their library. Especially Kristen. Ask her about wanting to bark and chase her co-worker out. So hilarious!

redlaw said...

I like barking....

April said...

Redlaw--you're a crazy chick. Which is why I like you. :)