Monday, October 24, 2005

Stay classy, San Diego!

{Currently reading "Girl, Interrupted," by Susanna Kaysen.}

My mom got a new car the other day. And by new, I mean old, but new to her. I don't know what year it is, but it's a deep-red colored Chrysler LeBaron. It's totally an old person's car, but it has heat and we live in Wisconsin, so that's all that matters. Anyway, Amanda and I were teasing Mom about her car, when Amanda asked what Mom was going to name it. Then before Mom said anything, Manda goes, "Name it Ron Burgandy!" (Will Farrell's character in "Anchorman.") So freaking funny. Jealous that I didn't think of it first.

I've also been nagging at my mom for about 2 months now to go to a doctor because she's been having pains in her lower abdomen. She admitted only a month ago that she has a lump there about the size of a lemon. She jokes around and calls it her Lemony Snicket (which is kinda funny), but I just get so mad at her about it. I told my grandpa (her dad) about it, because I knew he'd make her get to a doctor. So she finally agreed to make an appointment today, so I'll let you know what happens. And if you're wondering why she didn't go earlier, it's because she thinks she can't afford any more bills. :(

I talked to Kristen last night on the phone. I need her mom to do some sewing for me. I had bought a matching valance that coordinates with the bedding set I put on layaway. In the middle of the valance is a cute little box pleat, but it's sewn so that you can't even get the curtain rod all the way through! I thought maybe there was a defect, so I returned to Kmart and exchanged it for a new one, but it's the same thing! I need Kristen's mom to rip out the seams and re-sew it. I'd ask my grandma, but more and more she forgets things that used to be second nature to her.

Kristen also mentioned that when she comes to visit this coming weekend, she's bringing my birthday present (even though it's not 'til next month). She wanted me to guess at first (because Kristen doesn't like to keep surprises).
Kristen: I got you something that you really wanted for your birthday.
April: Mmm... Joaquin Phoenix?
Kristen: No, but close!
April: Er....you didn't purchase it in an adult store, did you?

So, I still don't know what it is, but she swears I'll never want to take it off, won't make me look fat(ter), and the theme is pink rocker. But not Pink, aka Alicia "Let's Get the Party Started" Moore.

And finally, two poems that I found and liked. The first one is kinda cheesy, and I've never heard of its author, but it was cute. The second one is just two verses of a poem from a book of poetry by Arthur Rimbaud, and I think it's hot.

Inscriptions of a Lipstick
Oh, innocent victims of Cupid,
Remember this terse little verse;
To let a fool kiss you is stupid,
To let a kiss fool you is worse.
~E.Y. Harburg

(I forgot the title of this poem...oops!)
.....
I'd whisper into your mouth,
Put you to bed,
Your body curled like a baby's,
Drunk on the blood

That flows, blue, beneath the softness
Of skin like snow;
Whispering about those shameless
Things... You know...
~Arthur Rimbaud (meow!)

4 comments:

i i eee said...

I hope your mom will be okay and that it isn't anything too serious.

Could your birthday surprise be some wonderful knittery? Made by the bad, bad librarian herself?

If you guys make any more greeting cards this weekend be sure to share!

Kristen said...

Hope Mom #2 is doin' better soon!

Knittery is for X-mas, silly goose. But that reminds me: Place your orders now! Don't delay. Order today! (hats and scarves are my speciality. And I can make covers for cell phones & ipods.)

And Jolene, I did buy the yarn for your hat, but I haven't started knitting it yet. Next weekend will be the beginning of knitting season for me. (You know, how boys have hunting season? Well, I have knitting season.)

redlaw said...

Can you knit me some randy lingerie, you spicy librarian, you? Okay, maybe I am a lesbian....no, no I'm not...I likes the boys. But bad librarians are hot, regardless of what gender you are.

April said...

Hot boy librarians are the hottiest, though.
And take Kristen up on the knitted cell phone holder offer! She made one for me and it's dy-no-mite!
Jolene, yes my uterus is just peachy, thank you. :)