Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"I've got this great idea. Why don't we pitch it to the Frankling f***ing Mint?"

Update on my grandma: This past week has been highly stressful and difficult. Watching my grandma change so dramatically almost overnight from bubbly and forgetful to a woman void of energy, light, and recognition has been terrible. Worse yet has been seeing how my grandpa, a man of quick decisions and steady nerves, has been afraid and unsure of what to do.

Krista's mom, Sharon, advised me to make sure that at Grandma's doctor's appointment, she get checked for a urinary tract infection, which causes confusion in the elderly. The doctor's office called this morning and did confirm that Gram has a UTI. She will start antibiotics for it.

Now, I don't believe that the UTI is 100% responsible for Gram's current state of mind, but I'm fervently hoping and praying that it will help clear up the majority of this past week's mental decline. I just have to hold onto hope, I guess.

***********************************************************

In other news:

Kristen and I went to the Cranberry Fest in Warrens, WI with my aunt Barb and two of her friends. We split up once we got there with the intention of meeting up at 2 p.m. to head home. Kristen and I each bought rings at this sweet booth. Both are made out of sterling silver wire, and mine has two hematite stars. Love it! Kristen's has one ruby and pearl (or whatever they were) beads. I'm wishing now that we'd gone back to buy some more because they were pretty cheap.

I also got my brother a wooden frame with the name "Aaliyah" carved out of the wood, which is placed over a picture and put into a picture frame. I'm going to give it to him for Christmas. They didn't have one with Jersey's name, of course. :( I may have to look them up and order it or something.

We sampled many of the delights featured at the food booths. Cranberry cider and scones, cranberry iced tea, chicken sandwich and corndog, cheesecake on a stick, and, of course, Kettle corn. Mmmm.

Quotes from the weekend:
In Kmart, discussing what movie we should rent, Kristen loudly: Let's get Knocked Up!

From Knocked Up, when Ben finds that all of his roommates have pink eye: What did you do, give each other butterfly kisses?

Kristen, hitching up her pants: My bags are pantsy.

Also, we may or may not have come up with approximately 3 new "songs." And voiced our own commentary on our E! True Hollywood Story.

7 comments:

i i eee said...

I certainly hope once the UTI is taken care of things will brighten up. Sending prayers.

The Cranberry Fest always sounds fun.

Rachie said...

My bags are pantsy--ha ha!!

Sending you good wishes!

Carina said...

Get Knocked Up indeed...

Rachie said...

By the way, I heard once that spoonerisms are an indication of proficiency in a language. So, yay, Kristen for being fluent in English!

Marie said...

I'll have to tell my buddy about the Cranberry Fest -- she's obsessed with cranberries.

That's so interesting to know about UTIs and the elderly. I will file it away in case I need it in the future (hopefully not).

You're not going to share your songs?

April said...

Cranberry Fest was exhausting. And I burned my poor wittle taste buds on my first sip of cranberry apple cider. *scowling*

Marie, I wish I could remember what the songs were. One was a crabby version of "These are a few of my favorite things."

Kristen said...

stupid rain drops on roses. freakin' whiskers on kittens...

that's all i remember, but the rest was so funny. dang!

indeed, my bags are pantsy.