Friday, October 26, 2007

"She's got knee-high socks, what to cover a bruise."

I took down my last post about my grandma because I kinda felt disrespectful sharing such an intimate moment, frightening as it was. She hasn't had any other episodes like that since, though I know that her future inevitably holds more.

Fantastic news, my brother gets to have Aaliyah this weekend! He hasn't had her since August, when there was a huge blow-up between Aaron and Nikki. He has since filed for divorce and for custody of Aaliyah. So far, he just has visitation rights. Nikki keeps making stuff up about him. She lied a few times in court yesterday and got caught. She didn't have a lawyer; Aaron did. Anyway, we all can't wait to finally get to spend time with Aaliyah. Which means I'll be digging out that digital camera.

(Update: They just dropped Aaliyah off with only the outfit she has on and one diaper, not a single other thing. Nice.)

The Other White Rachel has invited Kristen and me to come stay at her house when Kristen turns 30, so about another year and a half. That means tons of food, TV watching, Target shopping, and Simpsons quoting. And maybe a quick trip to Vegas. Sounds like fun to me!

11 comments:

TOWR said...

Um HECK YES IT WILL BE FUN!!!

Yeah, brother's wife seems like a class act all the way.

Got the Hot n Creepy mix in the mail yesterday. You rock my socks! It's awesome! And hello, who doesn't love getting stuff in the mail? I love it!

Carina said...

What? Seriously? Our neck of the woods?

I'm so inviting myself over.

I got my Hot n Creepy mix today. I can't wait to listen to it!

Nemesis said...

They just dropped Aaliyah off with only the outfit she has on and one diaper, not a single other thing.

Sorry, what kind of crack whore does that?

Also, am doing snoopy dances at the thought of you coming out for a visit. Also inviting self over. Will bring cheeseball!

TOWR said...

YES! We'll have an uber-fun blogger partah when Kristen and April come for a vacay o' shenanigans! Azùcar and Nemesis, consider yourself invited! I'll get you all the information as the time draws nearer--say, in about 17 months.

TOWR said...

Dang it! Sorry Zúc--put the accent on backwards. ;)

petullant said...

Wait, wait -- if y'all are going there then I want to be visiting Carrie at SLC at the same time. So I can stalk y'all or um shyly wave to you across the street. Also, if I don't get to visit my birthday twin some time next year I WILL DIE.

Lippy said...

I was in your brother's shoes not too long ago. Tell him the rewards are awesome, so stick it out and don't quit fighting for that baby.

The get together's are fun. Do your best to make it happen :)

April said...

It's so hard to stay neutral, but I just can't freaking stand Nikki. If I blogged about all the things she'd done, you'd start collecting torches and pitchforks. (Dear FBI, that was a Frankenstein-type allegory, not a threat.) Oh, but I guess at court when Nikki kept fake crying and stuff, the judge finally said he was sick of listening to her whine! hahahaha Take that, Cruella!

BLOG PARTY!! Ain't no party like a Mormon/Blogger party cuz a Mormon/Blogger party don't stop (or drink or smoke or have premarital sex). Dude, who *wouldn't* want to come to that party?

Petullant, I give you permission to visit Carrie at the same time. In fact, I demand it.

(Note to self, start saving your moola.)

(Note to self, stop calling money "moola.")

April said...

Oh, and I'm psyched (*groan* See what happens when I listen to Backtracks USA?) that you liked the mix! Woohoo!

Jimmy, I'll give my brother your advice! :)

i i eee said...

TRIPLE WOOT!

Kristen said...

YEEEEEESSSSSSS. Blogger Par-tay! (yes, i wrote "par-tay") Dudes, I'm so going to ring in 30 thin and popular! Will start saving money and losing weight imegetly.