Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sick and creepy

I'm sick. :( I didn't go to work at either the library or the newspaper on Friday. I did do a couple hours of proofreading today, but I still feel like crap.

And yet, I have slaved away at burning cds and making the cd covers. You know what's time-consuming? Stenciling each individual letter of the cd title, "Hot -n- Creepy." Methinks I won't be taking that route next time 'round.

Really? No takers? Hmm. You no likey some Bowie? Or Sufjan Stevens? Or The Eels? Okay, too bad for you, then.

10 comments:

Marie said...

Yeah, on my Halloween mix the track listing notes took me almost as much time as assembling the actual songs.

I don't know what the problem is with your other readers. I guess they're so enamored of their Britney Spears Anthology they're just not ready for Bowie and Sufjan. :) I love them both, so this will be fun!

Frozen Okie said...

ooh, I like all three.
if it's not too late I want in on this drawing

Anonymous said...

'Hot-n-Creepy' is hysterical.

April said...

Marie--Seriously, who epitomizes hot and creepy more than Bowie? He's delicious.

Michael, Got your email. I'll send out the cd tomorrow! :)

Veggie, I thought so.

Just one bit of sadness, though. After all of the cds were burned (of course), I noticed that there are two slight skips at the end of the Bowie song. It keeps going, though, and doesn't effect the rest of the cd.

i i eee said...

I hope you're feeling better.

Carina said...

Me wants it.

April said...

Zuc, you'll gets it. (I sent it yesterday.)

Chica said...

Aw, hope you feel better and the CD didn't take too much out of you! x

Marie said...

I love this mix! I listened to it on loop for like three hours last night while I was puttering around the house. Of course I paused to dance around now and then. Thank you! And thanks for introducing me to Margo and the Nuclear So and So's. Very cool.

And your liner notes are beautiful. I"m so impressed.

April said...

Marie, YAY! I'm so glad you like it! I adore Margot, et al. One of the other songs that I love from their cd is called "Quiet as a Mouse."