Thursday, January 12, 2006

A series of unfortunate events...

Every once in a while, I have an allergic reaction to something. I get hives. This is one such random time. As far as I know, our laundry detergent hasn't changed, I'm not using different soap or lotion, and I haven't eaten anything exotic. But I have been drinking a lot of apple juice lately. Hmm.. It's my only conclusion. In the mean time, I've been liberally slathering anti-itch cream all over my arm, which seems to be the only affected area at the moment. And believe me, I'm thankful that's the only area. At the worst it's ever been, I had hives over both arms, hands, my chest, and feet. It lasted almost 4 weeks. I cried every day because the itching was intolerable and drove me crazy.

Also:
**Jersey socked me in the eye last night. It got red and a bit swollen and made me cry.

**Scary Moustache Man who works at the video rental store had my account brought up on the computer before I'd even brought my movies to the counter. Normally they ask for ID and your phone number. This is the second time this has happened with him. And I don't go in there very often.

**I walked on broken glass yesterday at Kmart. Of course, I was wearing shoes, but I still think Annie Lennox would approve.

12 comments:

redlaw said...

"Walking on glass, walkin' on glaaaaaass..." That was me singing like Annie Lennox, and yes, it was as good as it seems.

Bummer about the hives - at least you didn't get them on your boobs - THAT'D be embarrassing!

April said...

Yeah, don't want them on the boobs. It wouldn't really be that embarrassing, though, because I don't have anyone wanting to look at the girls anyway. *sigh*

And I totally dug your Annie Lennox singing.

redlaw said...

I know the feeling....oh, to have the men wanting to take a peek...those were the days....

atsirk said...

Oooo, I feel itchy just thinking about it. I hope they go away for you soon - or at least that you find a hot boy who wants to slather you up with anti-itch cream and feed you ice cream. *sigh*

Is your eye o.k.? It's not black and blue is it? (If it is, you could walk around saying "I know I should leave him, but I love him!"

That annie lennox song reminds me of my sister because we changed the words to be mean at a boy who hurt her feelings. Oh, the memories you evoke!

John said...

Awww...Poor April...I'll leer at your boobs if you really want. :P

It can't be the apple juice!!!

i i eee said...

Oh poor you. Hives can be scary. Take care, and stay away from scary moustache man. Is he in Mt. Moustachemore?

Miss Laura said...

I've had hives for two years now - they are The Suck. I have no idea what is causing mine so I'm trying different remedies to no avail and just hoping beyond hope that they'll disappear sometime so that I can wear skirts again.

At least the experience enables me to give advice on them! The best over the counter topical cream I've found for anti-itch concerns is Sarna. I get Sarna Free (both fragrance and steroid free) and it has this great menthol cooling action which is dreamy.

Cloudhurler said...

Annie Lennox -- she is on the January album.

Kristen said...

Laura's right with going steroid free. If you use cream (like the aveeno stuff i use for my lids) with steroids in it often it will thin your skin. And believe me, my skin is thin enough!

So, creepy beard man has turned into creepy mustache man? Did he shave of the long wispy hair that was his "beard?" *shudder*

Kristen said...

p.s. john, no one leers at april's boobs but me! got that, buddy? me!

(ha ha. just kidding. not gay.)

April said...

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh, you all crack me up. What would I do without my blog buddies? No, seriously. What would I do?

Krista, if Jerz ever gives me a black eye, I DEFINITELY will use that line. And thanks for making me laugh out loud in the library, stinker.

John, I think you're the only boy to ever ask to leer. Most boys just stare. How rude of them.

Meta, His moustache isn't suave enough to be chiseled into stone. It's too wispy.

Laura, Thanks for the advice! I'm not bothering to go to a doc because last time I went, the doctor just said "Gross," and the time before that, the doctor made me feel like an idiot. So I will search for Sarna. I pray that yours will be cured very soon. I shouldn't complain about mine when you're suffering so much more.

Eric, Still waiting for the cd. You'd better not wait for Feb. to send it and try and outshine my little baby. Oh, Annie Lennox. I can't wait to hear what song you picked.

Kristen, he never really had a beard. It was always the wispy moustache...although I think he was going for a goatee. *shudder* It looks awful. Didn't he learn anything from BJD 2? Oh, and thanks for leering at the girls.

Nemesis said...

So did you let those K-Mart people have it for leaving broken glass around? I mean, what if some white-trash toddler was walking around barefoot in there???