Monday, January 09, 2006

Weekend'd!

I have already completed the mix cd for the month of February. There were a few bumps in the road, though. For instance, two songs that I really, really, really wanted to add are not on the final mix. Both songs are on a cd that Kristen's computer refused to recognize. She tried and tried to make it work, but no. And she burned the wrong Beck song. And I didn't catch it until she'd burned 5 cds. So I decided that I'd just use those cds for the people I wanted to give a cd to but who aren't a part of The Librarian's Revenge cd group. She switched the Beck song and finished burning the rest of the cds. Late last night while I listened to the mix, I realized that she had yet again burned the wrong Beck song. *sigh* But it still kinda fits my theme, so I'm just gonna leave it.

I called her at work this morning. She answered at the first ring.
KRISTEN: Hello, University Library.*
APRIL: (pretending to be a patron in need of help) Yes, I have a reference question.
K: Okay.
A: Um, I was wondering... In a situation where you're burning a CD for a mass mailing...
K: (realizing that it's me) Uh-huh...
A: What are the chances....or the odds....of burning the wrong song by the same artist two times in a row?
K: (gasping) NO.
A: Yes.
K: No.
A: Yup.
K: NO!
A: Yes.
K: DANG IT!
*Generic name for privacy reasons.

Other than that, we had a fine weekend. Nothing spectacular happened. We ate a lot. Shopped a lot (but she bought more). Watched the movie Baxter, Ghost Hunters, and the complete series of The Oblongs. Kristen approved of the cartoon series. She suggested we start a petition to get the cartoon running again, like fans did for The Family Guy.

On Saturday we went to Eau Claire for some shopping fun. We ate at Oakwood Mall. I grabbed some Arby's while Kristen had Sbarro's. On our way back to my car, I heard a teenage boy talking to his girlfriend about his clothes. Pointing out his various articles of clothing, he said, "Actually, this is from Gap, this is from Gap, and this is from Gap." I immediately snickered and imitated him. Then we went to Borders, a huge bookstore. I only bought a Valentine's card for Jersey. On the front it has a little teddy bear handing a flower to a little princess. The inside says something like "A bunch of love for my favorite sweetheart." Next to Best Buy, where I refrained from buying the combo pack of The Breakfast Club, Sweet Sixteen, Weird Science and an 80s compilation cd all set in a trapper keeper. But oh, how I coveted it.

At Target, we spotted a she-male. He was in a car. He had long swingy hair, a black T-shirt with the sleeves cut off, a tattoo on his pale, flabby bicep, and a lot of necklaces. He-She was funny. It kind of reminded me of Chris Farley in Wayne's World II, when they create that giant concert. It was like, Wayneapalooza or something. I forget.

Anyway, inside the store, I got Jerz a set of two Valentine's plates. I also purchased a corkboard and dry erase board, both with a pale blue border and only $1 each. We saw a bunch of Paris items, too. I was going to send Redlaw some Paris napkins, but then it wouldn't have been fair to anyone else. Damn my sense of fairness!

Before Kristen left on Sunday, we made one last trip to Bath and Body Works. Excellent sales. Am now finished with Krista's birthday gifts, even though it's not until March. Then I went to my mom's for dinner. Nikki was telling us a story about her brother's bedroom and how fancy it is. She was talking about how much money he spent on his Egyptian cotton sheets. My mom goes, "I've never heard of such a sheet." Which made me crack up, then imitate her for the rest of the night. :)

That's all I can think of. Maybe Kristen can think of more.

13 comments:

TOWR said...

Waynestock. :)

"Do you think it was inappropriate for them to show the crack in the Indian's bottom?"

April said...

YES. You're totally right. Party on, Rachel.

John said...

beck? you mean from his album guero?

i i eee said...

I love the naked Indian in Wayne's World 2. I don't know why. I just do.

redlaw said...

Trapper Keepers!!!!

I coveted mine as a wee lil' tyke. Wasn't there a South Park episode recently where Cartman's Trapper Keeper took over the world?

That was a funny one.

TOWR said...

Party on, April!

Kristen said...

no, from sea change. though guero is sweet also. Hell yes!

atsirk said...

*giggles* Trapper Keepers. You're so awesome, April!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sixteen? Did you mean Sixteen Candles? Bummer about burning the wrong song. I've done that too.

John said...

Hell Yes is one of the best though E-pro and rental car were pretty good too. It was an impulse buy but by Zeus was it worth it!

Kristen said...

she wanted "guess i'm doin' fine"

see, the problem was that the copy of sea change april had was a copy of mine. and at the beginning of it i added "everybody's gotta learn sometimes" from the eternal sunshine soundtrack. that totally threw me off and i kept recording the wrong song. (that's my story anyway. i did offer to reburn all the cds, but she said no.)

i *heart* guero. I don't think there's a song on there that i don't like!

John said...

Actually "que onda guero" is getting a bit wearing.
I don't like the inclusion of "que putas" either.

April said...

Damn blogger wouldn't let me on yesterday!

What's wrong with "que putas?" I think that will be my new saying to people I don't like.

Dawn, yes, I meant "Sixteen Candles." I'm not as big a fan of that movie as the other two, though I do love me some Donger. "Auto-mo-bile?" haha

Krista, why thank you, m'lady.