Friday, January 06, 2006

So many books, so little time

For lack of anything interesting to report or any resolutions to declare, today I'm simply going to list all the books I read in 2005. You don't have to read the whole list if you don't want to. As long as you realize that I'll talk about you behind your back and spread filthy rumors about you and the senator's son.

Titles with * next to them are, unfortunately, chick lit. I read a few too many of those this last year. Titles in larger, bold text are books I highly recommend.

In the order that I finished them:

1) Snow Falling on Cedars, David Guterson
2) Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, Gregory Maguire
3) Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, J.K. Rowling
4) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J.K. Rowling
5) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling
6) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, J.K. Rowling
7) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling
8) The Dive from Clausen's Pier, Ann Packer
9) Falling Angels, Tracy Chevalier
10) Girls Night In*, Meg Cabot, et al;
11) The Probable Future, Alice Hoffman
12) Lynelle by the Sea, Laurie Albanese
13) Mendocino and Other Stories, Ann Packer
14) The Dark: Ghost Stories, Ellen Datlow
15) Winesburg, Ohio, Sherwood Anderson
16) I Dream of You*, Judi McCoy
17) Crazy For You*, Jennifer Crusie
18) My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, Chelsea Handler
19) American Girls About Town*, Jennifer Weiner, et al;
20) The Other Side of the Story*, Marian Keyes
21) The Ghost Writer, John Harwood
22) Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married*, Marian Keyes
23) A Brief History of the Flood, Jean Harfenist
24) Haunted Ground, Erin Hart
25) Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right, Al Franken
26) Gothic: Ten Original Dark Tales, Deborah Noyes
27) Bitter Sweet, LaVyrle Spencer (Am very ashamed to have read this)
28) Pieces, Stephen Chbosky
29) How to be Good, Nick Hornby
30) A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby
31) You Have to Kiss a Lot of Frogs*, Laurie Graff
32) Summer in the City*, Robyn Sisman
33) Undead and Unwed*, Mary Janice Davidson (This one made me laugh out loud a lot!)
34) Girls' Poker Night, Jill A. Davis (I'm not classifying this one as chick lit because it was a bit more substantial and a little darker.)
35) Sushie For Beginners*, Marian Keyes
36) Seventh Heaven, Alice Hoffman
37) Holding Out, Anne Fauk
38) Let's Meet on Platform 8*, Carole Matthews
39) Confessions of an Ex-Girlfriend*, Lynda Curnyn
40) Faking It*, Jennifer Crusie
41) Fast Women*, Jennifer Crusie
42) The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
43) My Lover's Lover, Maggie O'Farrell
44) Blackbird House, Alice Hoffman
45) Can You Keep a Secret*, Sophie Kinsella (I know it's chick lit, but I really liked this one!)
46) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, J.K. Rowling
47) Star Girl, Jerry Spinelli (Young Adult)
48) Bras and Broomsticks, Sarah Mlynowski (Young Adult)
49) One for the Money, Janet Evanovich
50) Two for the Dough, Janet Evanovich
51) Three to Get Deadly, Janet Evanovich
52) Anansi Boys, Neil Gaiman
53) Four to Score, Janet Evanovich
54) Haunted Sister, Lael Littke (Young Adult)
55) Girl, Interrupted, Susannah Kaysen
56) The Giver, Lois Lowry (Young Adult)
57) Eddie and the Cruisers, P.F. Kluge
58) Boy Still Missing, John Searles
59) A Northern Light, Jennifer Donnelly
60) Light on Snow, Anita Shreve
61) Chocolat, Joanne Harris

8 comments:

TOWR said...

Holy crap, you read a lot! I used to read in my spare time, but indexing has sucked all the fun out of it. :( Now I just clean and watch TV in between jobs...

redlaw said...

What? You didn't read Lord of Sin? It's like the best book of 2005.

John said...

Do I HAVE to read the Da vinci code?

Anonymous said...

De quoi y a-t-il pour avoir peur ?Best Wishes, Gerald buy football patriot ticket

i i eee said...

I didn't read the Da Vinci code either, John.

Kristen said...

I refuse to read the Da Vinci code also.

AND I refuse to buy indianapolis colts tickets.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of books. I've read all the Harry Potters too. I haven't read much of anything else though these days ... just a couple biographies.

April said...

Why read the book when the movie will be coming out later this year? :) But honestly, the book was excellent. I didn't think I was going to like it at all.

"Lord of Sin?" What kinda smut is that? And why DIDN'T I read it??

And I don't speak/read french, Colts. Just because I went to one football game does not an enthusiast make. But I will take your best wishes.