Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Horoscoped!

Immediately after publishing my last post, I checked my horoscope. Here's what the dang thing had to say:

"A voice from the past is due -- and you'll be downright tickled to hear it. Just don't let your delight interfere with that alarm going off in the back of your head. What didn't work once may not work twice."

Dude! I get it! I can't have a relationship with him! Sheesh. I'm not trying to. I wouldn't want one, honestly. Does that mean I can't be friends with him? Does it, oh mighty stars?

Today I came across a box of goodies from my high school days. Oh, the treasures I found. Jewelry boxes filled with the cheapest, crappiest "jewelry" one could ever find. The two frog figurines I'd previously posted about. Angel figurines from my late grandmother. Basketball cards--Muggsy Bogues! A pin-up of Brendan Fraser...yummy. A book of Dr. Seuss-isms, given to me by dear Nicolina. A story I'd written about a final hurrah with friends before heading to college. Totally cheesy, but, oh well. And a binder filled with the lamest poetry ever. Ever. So bad, in fact, that I destroyed quite a bit of it. And no, I won't regret it later, as some may try to tell me. But it was a fun trip back into my teen years.

13 comments:

i i eee said...

O wise horoscope! What would we doeth withouteth thee?

A trip down memory lame can always come at the most appropriate moments, eh?

redlaw said...

I hate horroscopes - according to mine, I'm some sort of catch who drives all the boys wild, all the time.
What a liar.
Skanky Ho (my new insult for anything or anyone)

Anonymous said...

I still have that story you wrote! I come across it now and then and read it and laugh my ass off.
(N)

atsirk said...

I wish I would have known you in high school. It would have been awesome. But, I am glad that I met you in college - college was awesome *sigh*

April said...

Rachel - Do you realize that you wrote memory lame? Regardless, it's fromping hilarious! (and true)

Heather - Wouldn't you rather travel to Wisconsin instead of overseas?? :( And were you calling me skanky ho, or horoscopes? Either way, still true. :) lol

Nicole - I was laughing, too, when I read it. So freaking dumb. But I think I did a pretty good job of capturing the everyone's characteristics...though I may have made you a tad lustier than normal.

Krista - I'm glad you didn't know me in high school. Now you only know the cool me from college...er...oh.

April said...

Oh, and Krista, know what else I found? That really mean email we all sent to Jacci Bigacci!! It was pretty wicked. And the clincher, at the end, we wrote "P.S. We forgive you." Why didn't we get our asses kicked for that???

redlaw said...

Oh, I was calling my horoscope a skanky ho - goodness, April - I'd never call you the same thing I call Paris Hilton...
And speaking of Paris (the city this time), I would love to stop in Wisconsin on the way to Paris - seriously, we should organize some sort of trip so Pink Highlights and I can meet you and Kristen.

April said...

Pink Highlights and Redlaw meet Madam Trips-a-Lot and Ms. Word Nerd McDougal. Sounds like a misadventure just waiting to happen. :)

Kristen said...

Redlaw - I'm partial to "ho bag" myself.

YES. Come to Wisconsin. Now. Although, there isn't much to do 'round these parts - tippin' over cows, egging houses, stealing road signs - you know, the usual.

I agree with Krista, I wish I would have known you and Krista in high school. But I doubt that you and I would have been friends, since we both have to be right all the time. And cannot play connect four together ever again.

atsirk said...

DID SHE CHEAT IN CONNECT FOUR WITH YOU, TOO!! Kristen, I can so relate - I remember when April and I played Connect Four in college. She is a cheater!!!!!

If I had known you, Kristen, in high school, I would have been scared of you. I was shy in high school, not at all like I was in College........in high school you never would have yelled at me for telling April people should be quiet in the non-designated quiet area of the library.

Kristen said...

Krsta - She TOTALLY cheated on connect four AND boggle! I knew I wasn't imagining things! I'm glad I have backup now.

Yeah, I probably would have been too shy also to speak to you or April. Either that, or I would have been a bitchface...er...oh.

i i eee said...

Wha? April's a cheater????

*my heart spontaneously combusts in my chest*

And by the way, April, at first I didn't mean to write memory lame...but before I published my comment, I saw it and found it fitting, proceeded on with my mistake.

April said...

I am NOT a cheater!! I did not cheat in Boggle, anyway. And besides, Kristen, you cheat just as often at Connect Four. And Krista, don't even get me started, Ms. Gimme-All-Your-Money-NOW in Monopoly. Or had you forgotten your panic and slight seizure during that game?

Hmph.

Sheesh, make one mistake and you never live it down.