Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I got the *doo doo* babysittin' blues...

Things that Jersey can now say:
* Grandpa (though it sounds like grumpa)
* Who's that? (along with "what's that?" and "where's grumpa?")
* Bye-bye
* Oh, see that?
* Mama, Dada, Deeda (which means Keesha, the dog)
* Hey, baby (she says it like, "Hey, baaaayyybeee." So cute!)
* And a variety of other things that I can't think of.

She also can get through the baby gate, point to her eyes, ears, nose, mouth and hair, and has two distinctive happy dances. She knows exactly what her shoes and socks are and will bring them to you if you ask nicely. She loves to share and look at books. Her favorite game is peek-a-boo, though knocking things over is a close second. She also knows how to turn the TV off (and she does it often).

************************************************************************************
We got brand new movies into the library today, so I snarfed them up before anyone else could. Well, the ones that didn't already have a waiting list. So I'll have lots to occupy my time over the Thanksgiving break. I have off Thurs.-Sun. One of the movies was Rodgers & Hammerstein's The King and I. I love that movie. My grandma actually saw Yul Brynner once at an airport. She and her sister were standing on the lower level, and my grandma looked up at the second level and saw him standing there. He noticed her staring at him, so he bowed to her in recognition. That is so damn hot!! Yowza!

I put up my little Christmas tree that I bought on clearance after last season. It's just a little tabletop tree with a silver bucket stand. I'd also bought a red and white tree skirt at the same time. I set it up on a little decorative chair I have near my bed, and it looks cute. I don't have lights yet, though. I'd bought some baby blue and silver ornaments and silver ribbons to hang them from, but the ribbons are too long. I'll have to go find some regular hooks.

45 minutes left of work. *whine* I wanna go home! These kids here are driving me nuts. I feel like a babysitter.

10 comments:

i i eee said...

Jersey is so cute! I love that age!

And Yul Brynner? Your grandma saw him? Yowsers! I really like him...I was just watching a biography about him not too long ago, and he seemed like pretty swell dude.

"getting to knnoow you! getting to know all, about you!"

Anonymous said...

the "hey baby" is just too cute. isn't it amazing seeing them grow and develop right before your eyes?

as for the yul brynner anecdote -- that is a great one for the ages. he bowed. *swoon*

have a wonderful thanksgiving!

April said...

Yul Brynner was totally hot. I was jealous of my grandma. :)

Jersey apparently says "Das a Apo" when I'm not around, meaning "That's April." I heard her say it only one time.

I don't suppose anyone got the title quote, did they? *sigh* Apparently I'm the only nerd.

i i eee said...

I didn't recognize the quote...but I'm HORRIBLE with quotes...so I don't count.

My niece has to call me "Auntie" because she has a friend named Rachel (who she sees everyday) and it confuses her to have two Rachels. But for some reason, she only seems to talk about me when I'm not around.

April said...

The quote is actually part of a song from an older movie starring Elizabeth Shue. And I don't mean "Karate Kid."

Nemesis said...

SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Yul Brynner bowed to your grandma??? I am so, so jealous. I have had a crush on that man since I was about 5 years old, back when I used to watch The King and I every single day.

He is hhhot.

i i eee said...

The Adventures of Babysitting! Yessuh! So if you give me really blatant clues, I can always figure it out.

Cloudhurler said...

Yul Brynner! Disclaimer: I likes the ladies, but all the same that man could really work it (and with but one lung at that).

April said...

Adventures in Babysitting, is indeed the answer. 2 points for Rachel!

Miss Nemesis, I WILL shut my mouth, but the Yul Brynner story is 100% true.

Cloudhurler, Yes, Y.B. was IT. Handsome, movie star, hot, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. :) I couldn't resist.

Cloudhurler said...

That and Yul Brynner was just about the only white guy who could rock a shaved head; strange that. A brother with a shaved head is sexy; a white guy with a shaved head is sad.