Monday, November 28, 2005

I'll have The Goblet of Fire and a side of embarrassment, please.

I finally got to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. My Aunt Barb took pity on me and treated me to a matinee showing on Saturday afternoon. It was packed, but we got there early enough to get decent seats. We sat in the very last row, up against the wall, so that we wouldn't have tons of people to annoy us. Excellent movie, very funny. I will go again to see it with anyone who'd like to accompany me.

Of course, the movie is 3 hours long. Now, I didn't get fidgety or antsy for it to be over. But when I shuffled out into the hallway after the credits started rolling, my eyes were completely unfocused. I vaguely saw the shape of workers standing there, waiting for us all to file out so they could clean up. One boyish figure raised his hand and said, "Hello, April." Now, let me backtrack and say that when I first learned I'd be going to see Harry Potter, I quickly changed into nicer clothes and into my skull and crossbones shoes. The former because I'd be out in public, and the latter because I hoped that if I ran into Logan, he'd be impressed with my footwear.

I don't think he noticed my shoes. Because after he said hello, I stared blearily at him until my eyes focused to see that it was, indeed, Logan (of the proofreading, cute boy kind). I smiled, we exchanged mild pleasantries, and I turned to walk away. Immediately I looked down towards the coolness that is my shoes....and instead noticed several kernals of popcorn on my shirt...on my breast shelf.

*sigh*

At least my pants weren't unzipped.

12 comments:

atsirk said...

Can't. Stop. Laughing.......Need. Air.

Oh, dear, Lirps! What an incredible story. Too bad you didn't know it, then you could have offered him refreshments!

*chuckle*

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Only you, Rapie. It could only happen to you.

April said...

I know, right? Who else would that have happened to?

I also found a piece of popcorn in my bed the next morning. :D

Kristen said...

Barn door. *cough* Barn door.

April said...

Oh, Tonester.

i i eee said...

Ha ha! Reminds me of the time when I found a piece of an onion in my underwear...although, I supposed no on else saw the onion but me, so it really wasn't embarrassing or anything....ahem. Anyway...

TOWR said...

Oh, I totally cringed inside for you. How awful! I have the same problem, curse these perky bosoms! (Well, not so much "perky" as "hoisted with the world's toughest bra")

Once my coworker threw a green gummy bear at me. We went to pick it up so it wouldn't get stepped on but couldn't find it. I found it later that night... Down the back of my underwear.

April said...

Ah, so I'm not the only one with food in the wrong places.

Anonymous said...

Yo Ho Ho and a breast full of kernels!!

redlaw said...

Argh...at least you weren't embarrassed becase you walked out with a crush on a 16 year old...though food in the wrong places does make me blush - I've been known to lose some delectable goodies to the dirty pillows - can I help it if I'm voluptuous?

April said...

Actually, I think Ron is adorable. Why doesn't anyone like the red-headed boys??
I also liked me so Victor Krum.

April said...

And by "so," I meant "some."