Saturday, November 12, 2005

You may be surprised by...

Okay, this is kind of a generic post today, but it's passing the time at work. Today's post is just a couple of lists, so that you, dear reader, may better know me.

You may be surprised by...

Things I Hate
*People whistling, except my grandpa. It just gets on my nerves.
*Nicholas Sparks. Why anyone would want to subject themselves to his writing is beyond me. In Hell, I believe you are forced to read his sacchrine, poorly written books.
*The word "retarded." It really bothers me when people use the word to imply they made a mistake or did something stupid. I used to say it all the time without any kind of awareness of how rude it is. Until I met my friend Jess, whose brother is a special needs person. It hurt her tremendously to hear people say "retarded" all the time. I vowed never to say it again, and have rarely slipped up on my vow.
*My handwriting. It changes all the time, and I don't even mean for it to.
*My spending habits/lack of financial intelligence. I think I need a personal accountant.
*Living so far away from friends. College was the greatest time in my life. Period. And it really, really sucks to have friends so far away from me.
*Cleaning my room and/or washing dishes. Especially the dishes. HATE IT.
*Confrontation. I hate getting into arguments, especially if it's with someone I don't really know. (Like what JUST happened here at the library!) I feel my face get hot, my hands start shaking, and I just don't know what to do with myself.


Things I Love
*Jersey (of course!).
*Taking pictures. Spendy hobby, though.
*Leaf accessories. I have leaf things everywhere. I'm planning on one day, when I get my own place, an autumn themed bedroom. Either that or a pirate theme. Tough decision.
*Chocolate. Like you didn't know that one. But did you know Ferrero Rochers are my favorite fancy chocolate and that Take 5 is my favorite candybar? Ha. Thought so.
*Movie soundtracks. Most of my CD collection comes from some movie I was obsessed with. Yes, this includes the movie "Beaches." *blush*
*Short stories. I love reading collections of short stories even more than regular novels. In a novel, you can have like 200 pages to tell your tale. With a story, you have to be clever enough to have a plot, climax, and satisfying ending within a short amount of pages.
*Giving presents. I'm pretty good at it, too. Just ask Kristen.
*Eddie and the Cruisers. I can't help it. I've loved that movie forever and consequently, Michael Pare, Tom Berenger, and Joe Pantoliano.

Things I Miss
*College. This includes classes, homework, sparring with professors, making new friends, a sense of community, lots of events to attend, but especially all my close friends I made.
*My Uncle Brad. He lives in Palm Springs, CA, and I haven't seen him since last Christmas. He's so freaking funny, brilliant, and just plain fun to be around. Unless he's crabby, then you really want to watch out!
*Watching "Tommy Boy" and "Dumb and Dumber" with Krista, and all the long walks we used to take around Superior.
*My faith.
*Holding Jersey when she was so tiny, only 7 pounds. These days she breaks my back when I pick her up. :)
*Having guy friends. I used to have a ton of guy friends, what the hell happened? The last one was Tony, and we know how that turned out...bloody bastard.
*My great-grandfather. I don't remember why, but we used to call him Grandpa Hoo-Hooey. lol And when I was really little, he gave me two porcelain frogs from his enormous frog collection. I still have them.
*Writing. I used to write lots of poetry. I used to write short stories. I miss it so much. I wish I could do more than this whole journal thing, but I pick up a pen or sit at the computer and just feel tired.

Anyway, now you know me. A little.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the comment on my xanga page...I am not on crack and YOU SUCK!!

And what???you don't miss me? By the way I am having a really bad day if you can't tell.. Nothing personal I still love ya.

April said...

You're totally on crack.
And don't worry, the sun will come out tomorrow...cuz you're in Texas. So, at least you're not in 34* weather, cold wind and drizzling rain.

Anonymous said...

you were right, the sun did come out and it was in the 80's. What a lovely sunny day.(rubbing your nose in it)

Kristen said...

*arms crossed* Oh. I see I'm not on the list of things you love. Guess I'll have to take those pirate shoes back! *nostrils flared*

April said...

If I didn't love you, I wouldn't give you such good presents, now would I? I'd give you a lump of coal and a Backstreet Boys CD.