Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's like...why would that happen...in a world...

Yo-ho-ho, my head is a'killin' me.

I've had a headache all morning. Which led to me feeling nauseated and wanting to put up a "Stay Out" sign on the library door. I finally found some ibuprofen in the bathroom. Now it's a dull ache and the nausea is fading.

Must have been from headbanging to "Psycho Killers" this morning. Damn you, Talking Heads!

Well, my mom is coming over to my grandparents' for Thanksgiving tomorrow, but my brother and sister aren't coming. So Mom is cooking them their own turkey today. Aaron won't come because his girlfriend isn't allowed over. Oh, yes. You read correctly. The one who cheated on him, he went ballistic over, and spent close to 2 weeks in jail because of. (Technically, he'd already had a warrant out because of unpaid fines and that was why he stayed so long, but I digress.) And Amanda refuses to come over because she got into an argument with my grandparents a few weeks ago and is not allowed over until she apologizes for her behavior. She's stubborn and won't do it. Ah, sweet familial harmony.

This weekend I must get started on being crafty. No, not like a wolf, but like Martha Stewart. Minus the jail time.

Sonofabitch! Finally, a really cute guy walked into the library...and I saw the flash of gold around his left ring finger. Of course.

UPDATE: Cute Married Guy asked me if he could use the printer, and he caught me looking at Rachel's page, which, if you'll remember, has pictures of her with her mouth open. So I'm sure he thinks I'm a freak. Then he came back to pay for the papers he'd printed, and within the space of 1 minute, I managed to
1) Knock into the keyboard tray while getting up,
2) Kick into a box on the floor,
3) Hit my hand on the counter,
4) Drop his change, and
5) Struggled to form a coherent response to his "Thank you."

As if that wasn't enough, as he was leaving, I was about to fall against my chair when he suddenly turned, grinned, and said, "You're a life-saver." The words rolled around in my brain, trying to compute. I finally said, "Er, that's nice to know." Yes, that's all I said, though you'd think having an English degree would help a person with basic conversation skills. He smiled again and left. I'm an idiot.

3 comments:

i i eee said...

Ha ha! He must have been quite cute to get you all flustered.

And I hope he didn't think you were looking at pictures of people mimicking blow-up dolls when you were on my blog. *snicker snicker*

kiki said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYBODY!

April said...

Oh, geez. I can only imagine what he was thinking about those pictures. He probably thinks I'm a kinky librarian, which isn't the worst thing he could think, I guess. :)