Friday, November 18, 2005

Jump down, turn around, pick a bale of truth...

I have heard many strange things from people during my years of customer service. To my question of "How are you today?" I've been answered, "Well, I was diagnosed with brain cancer this morning." I've been screamed at because a woman wanted to buy a 36-oz. box of cereal at the 12-oz. sale price. I've had a package of batteries thrown at me. While working at Kmart, I've heard every sneery, condescending joke imaginable about Martha Stewart. One Christmas Eve at Kmart, one woman even threatened to slap me, due to my looking at her.

But never have I been told by a person that, due to medical problems, they have to manually use their fingers to stimulate their rectal muscles in order to force their bowel movements. Until now. Oh, the joy of being forced to be polite to random rantings.

In other news, my brother is out of jail. And in a stunning turn of events, he actually read a book. No, not just any book, my friends. My brother, whom, by the way, I have never seen read a book since probably 2nd grade, read the entire book, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings. I haven't even read that sucker yet!! And, what's more, he was excited about it, and even asked if I could get him the next book! You could have knocked me over with a feather, I was so astonished.

Also, while in jail, he beat up a pedophile. Now, it's nothing for me to say that Aaron was in a fight with someone. No big surprise. And I never approve. I always roll my eyes and wish that he'd grow up. But once he told me exactly why he beat this particular guy up, I cheered. I won't tell you the reason, as I'm already scarred by the things this guy said, and I wouldn't wish any of you to be haunted, either. Just know that if you did know what the guy said, you would wish you could have kicked his ass, too. But my brother did it for you.

Cara called me late last night. Of course, she called right when the second half of "ER" began, so I don't know what happened next. *$(%^#* Anyway, she was supposed to call at 4 p.m., but never did.
Cara: Sorry I didn't call at 4.
Me: It's okay. I guess.
Cara: I went to Red Lobster.
Me: OH! I see how it is. Hope you enjoyed their cheesy garlic biscuits, bitch!
Cara: I did.
Me: Hmph. *growling*

And apparently she still has not received any help from FEMA or Red Cross, the dirty bastards. And her ex-husband, Josh, is now working for FEMA. I almost gagged. He's so full of himself normally, I can only imagine how high his horse is now. Although it's pretty impressive just how massive his ego is, considering he's never kept a job longer than like 2 months.

Also, my cousin Hallie had her baby on Monday, Nov. 14. She had a little girl, Bridget Lea. I'm only guessing on those spellings, by the way. You never know these days, with all these crazy kids today makin' babies an' all their crazy spellin's. But the baby was healthy, 7 lbs. 4 oz. And so far they haven't noticed any of the abnormalities that her older sister, Brooklyn, has. Thank God for that.

Anyway, I'm heading up to Superior as soon as I'm done with work today. I'm having the other library worker finish up the afternoon shift so that I can start driving before it's too dark. Wisconsin + Snow + Darkness + Highways = Scary.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, I get to bet the first one to comment this time!!! And I have no comment!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Or maybe I do....What the hell are people doing telling you about their rectal stimulations anyway???!!!

i i eee said...

Um...April, I really can't add to that most alluring post. I was blown away by it all. The only thing I have that comes close to any of it, is I went to the gyno today, and yes, I do have a yeast infection.

I can't believe you didn't hang up on Cara -everyone knows if they call me during one of my shows (and yes, ER is one of them) I tell them to call me back another time, "I'm watching ER!!!"

Shame on you Cara.

It was a good episode...except I really really really want Luca and Abbey to keep gettin' it on! But, alas, they're only going to remain friends.

Boo-hooey hoo.

Drive safe tonight!

redlaw said...

April,
Please drive safely - do not hit a moose (you know, one that has wandered down from Canada or something).

And I have never, in the 10 years I worked retail, never ever had someone tell me about the rectum or anything along those lines - for that, I am singing praises to Little Baby Jesus in my head.

April said...

I agree. Shame on Cara. If it isn't "ER," then it's "American Idol." Speaking of which, can't wait until AI begins again!!! Yes, I am a nerd.

Rachel, good luck with your girl problem. Never had one, never want one. Oh, and I also love Luca.

Heather, I drove safely. I was one of the few people driving on Friday who wasn't pulled over by State Patrol.

Jolene, Remember when we worked at the library together, and we did that Internet search on Luca...or whatever his real name is? Goran something. Seriously, I thought you were going to drool on the keyboard. :) Hey, does Mike know about this crush??

Blog world, a search for posters, eh? I did write in my last blog that I found a poster of Brendan Fraser in an old box. But I can't imagine I'd be like high on the list of sites to go to for posters.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שלווה, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים נוספים אנא גשו לאתר האינטרנט שלנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]