Saturday, November 05, 2005

You toyed with my heart....like it was a toy heart.

My mom has to have surgery on her hernia next Thursday morning. So she'll be off of work for awhile, up to 3 weeks. Her boss gave her a hard time because another lead person is also having surgery for her shoulder. The boss says, "Well, gee. I hope you're not both going to be gone at the same time." Sure. Let's just have Mom reschedule sewing up her lower intestine. Come on! And then he kept trying to get her to come into work today because all the other leads wouldn't come in. She told him no, she'd been working the last 5 Saturdays in a row, and she can barely walk because of the pain. What an ass.

Please tell me why I keep having 30+ year old men be all like...nice...to me. You know. Not nice, but nice. Prolonged eye contact, too big smile, accidental hand touching. *shudder* Maybe 38 isn't old, but it's too old for me!

And I was asking a lady at work about this really hot guy who always used to come into the library. He was very well-dressed, killer smile, friendly, and actually read books! I was told he moved to Detroit with his brother. I was annoyed, of course. Then she told me that he was mostly bald under his baseball caps.
ME: Good. That's what he gets for leaving me for Detroit.

5 comments:

i i eee said...

Deepest condolences....

April said...

Thank you, Rachel.

redlaw said...

I hope all goes well with the surgery - you want me to take a bat to the kneecaps of your Mom's boss? Then they can all be out at the same time...asshole.

Detroit - blech...maybe he'll end up with leprosy for choosing to live there....

Anonymous said...

Leprosy for moving to Detroit? Damn.

And April, perhaps you will find a good advanced thirties man. It is preferrable to attracting animals, children, and the elderly -- what am I to do with that? As I am not a super-freak -- nothing.

P.S. I should not post comments when I am dead-tired as I will regret them as dunderheaded, but here I am posting them anyway. Sorry. Or, at least, I will be.

April said...

Jolene--Well said. Comedies outlawed for 1 week after surgery.

Eric--I, too, get children attracted to me. I don't know why. I'm mostly rude to them.

Heather--I like your thinking. I think my brother has an old hockey stick somewhere. Though he never played hockey. Or skated.